In Love? Chap.20

A Month had passed, as the days went by you were happier than you thought you'd be now, Ayato had become busy once again staying late at the commission, and when he did so you'd make some Miso soup taking it to him, and you'd stay by his side no matter if it was later In the night, despite his being busy Ayato made time to spend with you, whether It was walking In the city or just simply listening to your Koto, he'd come to love being by your side whenever he could and as of late, Ayato could now put a word to the feeling you gave him, It wasn't just a fondness anymore It had gone beyond that, despite your already being his wife he had fallen In love with you, Ayato hadn't been more sure or happy In his life now that he knew this, he confided to Thoma about this who In turn showed much happiness, Thoma suggested that he tell you as soon as possible but Ayato thought one better, he'd simply show you of his love and what was In his true heart, but he decided to wait a little while longer, Ayato wished to cherish you for the rest of your lives until you were old and gray, he'd protect you until the very end of time.

you were walking with Ayaka, for just a leisurely stroll around the estate,

"Sister, there's something I have to tell you"

you turned "what is It?"

she started, "a month ago the elders were constantly telling brother that he should marry, which is the result of now, but they emphasized the Importance of an heir to the clan"

you paused, "I understand, an heir is of great Importance"

Ayaka took your hand "forgive me for this being sudden, I know you and Ayato have only been married for a month, but the Clan Elders are wondering when you'll have a child"

you took In a breath, " I respect the Clan Elders but such a thing should be left up to me and my husband"

Ayaka nodded "I agree with you completely, It should be the choice of the couple, they're even discussing about nothing happening on the wedding night"

 you were shocked "are they really?"

Ayaka nodded, you then let out a sigh before going to sit down "I see, but once again It's a matter that's up to me and his lordship, no one else should have a say, on the wedding night his lordship respected my decision of not being ready and I deeply appreciated that"

"Ayato really values your opinion and your thoughts, I can tell by the past month"

you started to smile, "not just that....my feelings as well"

Ayaka smiled "you two truly have become quite the pair, when he isn't busy, he's by your side but if not, he expresses to me how he wishes to be back home listening to your Koto"

a blush came to your cheeks, along with a smile which made Ayaka giggled before she said 

"(Y/n), you love my brother don't you?"

you felt your heartbeat faster, with your face turning crimson "I'm...not sure I've never been In love before"

Ayaka smiled, "True, but you know how I can tell, the way you smile whenever he's by your side and how shy you become whenever he compliments you, but most of all the way you're by his side whenever he's working his hardest"

she took your hands, "Of all these years, I've never seen Ayato so happy and enjoying his days, from the moment you were chosen to marry him, I just knew you'd bring light to his world"

she then took your hands, placing them to your heart "the heart never lies"

you closed your eyes as Ayato came to mind, your heart started to beat faster as a giddy happiness filled your body, a smile came to your lips, true you'd only been married for a month but to you It felt like you'd known him your whole life, you were happy to be by his side

and when younger upon first meeting him you'd always hoped to maybe meet him again and now years later, here you were married, whenever his ocean eyes bore into yours It was like all else disappeared and It was only the both of you together, In a vast landscape full of petals floating atop the water, and there you were hand In hand giving each other care and company, but more Importantly Love and you wanted to be with him like that for the rest of your lives, just then the end melody of love longing filled your head

 "It's true...."

a warm smile came to your face, "to answer your question earlier, yes I do"

Ayaka jumped onto her feet, she hugged you "This is wonderful!"

you hugged her back, as a few tears streamed down your cheeks, they weren't of sadness or regret they were of happiness and relief, you honestly felt like a fool for not realizing It sooner that you'd fallen In love with Ayato, when? you didn't know, perhaps the day you met him again or much earlier In your life, It didn't matter because all you knew was that you wanted to be by his side forever and one day maybe start a family together.