𝗕𝗹𝗮𝗰𝗸𝘀𝗺𝗶𝘁𝗵 || Nobunaga x reader

Start from the beginning

Eager to regain possession over his katana, Nobunaga jumps up from his seat. Handing the katana over to him, Y/N steps back to admire their work.

'This blade... it's beyond anything I've ever seen. Could Y/N have subconsciously imbued their nen into their work... this is genius! This is an invaluable assets... I need it, I need them!'

"Y/N... you said you don't get a whole lot of business, correct?"

Confused, Y/N tilts their head. "I suppose it's a bit embarrassing to admit, but yes, there aren't a lot of people left in York New City who require the services of a blacksmith."

"Then come with me Y/N. I'll make sure you live comfortably, and that you put your incredible skills to use. This blade... it's a masterpiece. Your skills are wasted here!" Nobunaga rambles, slamming his hands down on the desk counter.

Taken aback, Y/N struggles to form a sentence, looking into Nobunaga's eyes. Sensing truth in his gaze, Y/N starts to laugh. "Nobunaga, would you think I'm crazy if I accepted your request?"

Taking his own turn to laugh, Nobunaga responds in time. "Maybe just a little. Don't worry, my friends are just as crazy. You'll fit right in."

Moving around the desk, Y/N looks up at Nobunaga with their own look of conviction. "Then there's no point in dawdling here is there?"

Taking their hand in his own, Nobunaga shakes it firmly. "You've got a deal Y/N. If I ever break my promise to you, I'll use the blade you crafted and drive it straight through my heart."

Y/N throws their head back and laughs. "Please don't do that Nobunaga!"

"Why's that?" Nobunaga asks, planning along with Y/N's sarcasm.

"Well... it'd be a waste of a perfectly good blade..." Y/N teases.

Sighing, Nobunaga grasps Y/N's hand harder and leads them out of their shop. Wasting no time, Nobunaga wraps the cloth his katana was in around Y/N's eyes.

"Nobunaga!? What're you doing?" Y/N yelps, their vision suddenly impaired. "Do you trust me Y/N?"

"Not entirely!" Y/N retorts. Laughing their remark off, Nobunaga leads the blindfolded Y/N to the Phantom Troupe hideout, Y/N having no idea what they were about to get into.

"Nobunaga... what're you doing?" Machi inquires, glaring daggers into Y/N's back.

The other Troupe members, who were all congregated in the dilapidated building, sit around waiting for Chrollo.

"I've brought this person with me because they possess an invaluable asset to the Troupe."

'The Troupe?... as in the Phantom Troupe!? Nobunaga, what have you dragged me into!'

"I apologize Y/N, your blindfold has to stay on until the boss arrives. I hope you don't mind... not that you have a choice though." Nobunaga whispers into their ear.

Helping them sit down on a pile of nearby rubble, Nobunaga sits next to Y/N while they wait for the boss.

Machi continues glaring daggers at Y/N, the chill aura even being sensed by Y/N themself.

Y/N leans into Nobunaga. "Are you sure about this... I don't feel welcome and I don't even know whose company I'm in."

Nobunaga chuckles in response. "Don't worry. The boss'll love you."

As if on queue, Chrollo walks through the entrance of the hideout, the Troupe members perking up at his presence.

"Boss, Nobunaga's done it again, he brought another outsider into the hideout!" Machi accuses.

"Boss it's different this time I swear!" Nobunaga retorts. "This blacksmith possesses a nen ability that has no rival. Take a look at my blade!"

Unsheathing his katana, Nobunaga walks up to Chrollo to show him his newly sharpened katana. Using gyo, Chrollo notices the powerful aura imbued into the finely crafted blade.

Without saying a word, Chrollo walks to the blindfolded Y/N and undos their blindfold.

Eyes adjusting to the light, Y/N peers around the room. "You have two choices: Become our blacksmith, or die. Totally up to you though, no pressure." Chrollo drones in a monotonous voice.

Y/N stands, brushing the dirt off their clothes. "Nobunaga promised me the opportunity to put my skills to use to their full extent. I might be a bit over my head, but I assure you, my craft will not disappoint."

Satisfied with Y/N's resolve, Chrollo waves a hand in dismissal. "Nobunaga, they're your responsibility if you've made such a hefty promise to..."

"Y/N" Y/N interjects.

Chrollo spins around, a small smile playing on his lips. "Well Y/N, welcome to the Troupe."

Although most of the Troupe members kept to themselves, Franklin and Uvogin both go to welcome the new member. Uvogin slaps Y/N on the back in welcome, wrapping one of his large arms around Y/N. "Welcome Y/N. To have been invited by Nobunaga must mean he's taken quite the liking to you~"

Laughing at his remark, Franklin moves to shake Y/N's hand. "Can you work with guns too?"

Nodding their head yes, Y/N beams in excitement. "Perfect. I'll bring my weapons for you then!"

Spinning around to face Nobunaga, Y/N takes his hands in their own. "Thank you Nobunaga. I'm eager to test the limit of my skill and surpass it. Thank you for giving me this opportunity."

Brushing the back of his hand against Y/N's cheek, Nobunaga just wryly smiles in response.

"Do you need a place to stay Y/N? We Troupe members are usually on the move. I can't imagine you can finance that on your own with that dead shop of yours."

Playfully punching Nobunaga on the arm, Y/N rolls their eyes. "You could be a little less blunt y'know!"

"Come stay with me Y/N. It's no problem at all really... as the boss said, you are my responsibility." Nobunaga retorts.

"That'd be much appreciated Nobunaga. Do you mind helping me move my tools out of my shop?"

~•~•~ Three days later ~•~•~

"Nobunaga! Where'd you put my whetstone?"
Y/N shouts from the kitchen.

Emerging from his bedroom, Nobunaga tries to pat down his bed head. "Y/N... the sun's barely risen... why're you already working?"

Clicking their tongue, Y/N sighs and moves over to Nobunaga, wrapping their arms around his neck. "I couldn't sleep... I'm too excited to finish this surprise for you!"

Laughing, Nobunaga shakes Y/N off. "What would you like for breakfast?" he muses.

"Surprise me!" Y/N chirps, digging through one of their moving boxes. "Aha! I found it!" Holding up their whetstone for Nobunaga to see, he just softly smiles in response to Y/N's antics.

"We've got an assignment from the boss next week. Franklin, Shalnark, and Shizuku all requested that you tune their weapons."

Nodding, Y/N hums in response as Nobunaga cooks. "We've got a week to kill. What do you want to do?" Y/N inquires, setting their whetstone down.

"Some of us need to finish unpacking." Nobunaga snips at Y/N. Chuckling, Y/N sits at the kitchen table, propping their head in their hand.

Laying a plate of eggs and toast in front of them, Nobunaga sits across from them. "Thanks for the food!"

Nobunaga watches Y/N eat, catching a smile growing on his face. Looking up from their plate, Y/N smiles back at Nobunaga, making him blush.

"Wadda lookin at?" Y/N asks with a mouth full. "You."