Chapter 14

"Everybody up!" Natasha called, walking across the landing. Knocking on the door of each occupied room as she went. "We need to leave in an hour, and I want everyone dressed in the next 15 minutes," Natasha added, Yelena opening the door to the guest room with a face of thunder.

"Do you have to shout?"

"Yes. Now move your ass and get ready." Natasha quipped, walking into the master bedroom where Nessy had joined her parents to sleep in her excitement the night before. "Wake up, Sleepyhead. It's plane day." She took a softer tone waking her daughter, whose big hazel eyes gradually opened. A smile quickly found her face. "You'll be able to nap on the plane." Natasha smiled, easily noticing Nessy's tired expression.

James stretched as he emerged from the en suite attached to the master bedroom. He had already dressed in some jeans and socks, but remained shirtless for the time being as he brushed his teeth,. He leaned against the door frame and smiled as Nat prepared the family for their trip. The soldier had to admit.. he was somewhat nervous. He hadn't been to Russia since he was largely controlled by his alter ego. Apart from his Natalia, he had no positive memories there.. and of course, there was the inevitable reunion with the Russian thundering dumbass known as Alexei. No matter his worries, he had to remain present. "But will you be ready in time" He voiced from his spot.

Vinny had already dressed and was sitting against the headboard of his bed, one hand behind his head and the other on his stomach, holding up a book he was reading, Stardust by Neil Gaiman, a short fantasy novel that he had found himself quite indulged in.

"Hey, make that metal arm of yours useful and load the suitcases into the truck." Natasha arched a brow to James, a smile easily breaking through. She scooped Nessy up easily, sitting her on the edge of the bed next to the clothes she'd prepared for her. "Come on, big girl." She cooed. "Have you seen Baloo? I don't know if he's gotten himself shut in the bathroom again." She asked.

"Natasha, your dog is in the bathroom!" Came the voice of a mildly annoyed Yelena, having been nearly run down by the bear of a dog which immediately came loping into the bedroom. He certainly wasn't aware of his size. Such was apparent by how he bounded around the room, diving onto the bed to greet Nessy with a week's worth of kisses. Tail wagging madly with a clear mind of its own.

Grace had woken to Nutmeg making herself comfortable on her head, if Natasha's wakeup call hadn't been enough to do so. The blonde had been firm in staying home to look after the house. And.. not knowing any Russian, it was rather intimidating to head to a different country.

"Yes ma'am." James agreed as he finished brushing his teeth, he knew it best to follow the Widow's orders, though it had been fun to disobey from time to time as he enjoyed the fight, this morning was certainly not one of those times. Their past few weeks together had been pure bliss for the soldier, they had quickly settled into a family dynamic, almost as if they were two puzzle pieces that slotted together perfectly, and the adjustment period was almost non-existent. It felt natural, the soldier threw on a long-sleeved black top and began carrying the suitcases from the room down the stairs, passing Yelena in the corridor but avoiding eye contact.. that.. that one scared him.

Vinny came to a halt, reaching the next chapter he decided to grab a bookmark, gifted to him by his blonde companion and seal the book. He would continue his read on the jet. He loaded it in his suitcase and stood up straight, stretching his arms before tying his hair up and leaving his room, making his way to Grace's. He gave a sheepish knock on the door. "Hello? I come in peace?" Vinny spoke from the hallway.

Grace had gotten into her dressing gown, shuffling over to the door to open it up. "Good morning." She smiled, Nutmeg hopping down off of the bed to bump her head against Vinny's leg in greeting on her way out of the room. No doubt to observe the condition of her other food bowl located in the kitchen.