Chapter 1

"My biggest ideal in life is to be a gold digger! Open your mouth with food, stretch your hands with clothes, and don't have to work so hard to earn money by yourself!" When I made an impassioned declaration of life in the pantry, I didn't care at all about other sisters who work with me, look at me sympathetically with eyes like Nietzsche, and I didn't turn to look back at all, the hotel owner looked me up and down twice without any disturbance, and took it to heart.

On the second day of the rhetoric, everything was as calm as water. When I was on duty, I met the boss again, with her calm eyes.

On the third day, I was called into the office by her.....

On the fourth day, I quit my job as a waitress, packed my bags, and moved into her villa.

So, my gold digger career began like this.

It is easy to be a gold digger of the rich. I don't need to cook, and I don't need to wash the clothes... The servants take care of everything, including pruning the big garden that I lost in the first three days not matter how I turned around... Rich people are luxury! If it were before, I would definitely make a good anti-corruption remark about how many refugees in the world are crying and how many babies are waiting to be fed. But now, being a gold digger, I couldn't speak as much freely as before. If I ignored my nonsense mouth, I might be swept out of the house by accident. I don't have to work or do housework, I'm in an idle picnic. Fortunately, the study here is big enough, like a library, with rows of bookshelves, covering the walls tightly. The higher the bookshelves, the more hardcover and heavier the books are. I keep thinking, one day a certain shelf will come loose. Now, if this book falls down, the people below could have cerebral palsy if they don't die. Later, I often shrank on the floor and causally picked a book and flipped through it, seemingly to verify this conclusion.

The boss doesn't come often. It's been almost a month since I moved in, and she only appeared twice, the first time she sent me over and told the housekeeper and matron to take good care of me. After less than half an hour later, she left in a hurry. Another time, today, this time, she didn't seem to be in a hurry, and chatted with the housekeeper and matron in the living room for a while. The so-called chatting for a while, that is, she sat on the sofa and asked questions, and the housekeeper and matron stood by and answered respectfully. Looking at this setup, I knew that I had entered a completely different world from the past. But I wasn't interested in knowing what they were talking about, so I didn't go over until she finished asking and matron nuked me. She sat in the middle of the sofa, and there was enough space on both sides for me to sit, but I picked a small sofa next to her and sat down. I can't help it, I'm not familiar with her, and I'm an employee and a gold digger. If I'm too close, I'll panic.

She didn't care either, and simply asked about my life, like "Are you used to it?", "If you need anything, just say it". It made me feel a little strange, as if I was not a gold digger she kept, but a friend she didn't know very well. When talking to me, she doesn't look at me often, her eyes are more like watching TV. On contrary, the assistant Wen next to her stared at me without blinking. I was embarrassed. I asked myself that I'm neither a woman with matchless beauty nor a heavenly fragrance, and there is no sinking fish nor geese. Why are you staring at me. Afraid I'll cheat your boss's money? From the first day I moved here, I said to myself, people are the knife, I am the fish, be obedient, or you'll be the meal. As long as the boss doesn't get too perverted, and only wants to play S.M lottery every now and then, I'll be thankful. Although the alarm has not been lifted yet, judging from her gentle appearance, it should be...even if she want to plays, it won't be too harsh. She couldn't help rolling her eyes twice, and looked back at me as if she felt it. What! To be honest, she is really not ugly, no, it should be pretty good. Big eyes, straight nose, and a small cherry mouth, combined on a beautiful melon seed face, with a fair complexion, and a noble temperament, nowhere there is no majestic, and nowhere does it make people want to approach. It's an example of a successful professional woman. Look at myself again, with a small nose, small eyes, and a small mouth, placed on a small head, and together, barely keeping the facial features upright. Fortunately, there are no eye-catching people around. When I get the chance, I promote to myself, "It's really impossible to be pretty~~", however, Shen Fang retorted mercilessly, "Look at your small nose and small eyes, except for your stature, you're really small and pretty?" Let's just say, she also deliberately looked at my chest. Pretty=Boba??? She has no common sense at all! I made up my mind to reason with her till the end! But then there has been no chance, and it seems unlikely that there will be another chance.

"By the way, Xiao Chu, I read the file of your work in the hotel, except for the information on your ID card, you didn't say your work experience, and the education column was filled with high school graduation, but you never handed in a copy of your diploma." It was the assistant who spoke

"Oh, I don't have any work experience, and I've been just messing around. I didn't bring out the diploma in my hometown. If you need it, can I give you a copy when I go back?"

Hearing what I said, she and the boss exchanged a look. What's the meaning? I'm not sure. Shen Fang used to say to me, "Why don't you care about what other people are thinking, and what will they think?" My reason is: there is no knowing what is in a man's heart, not necessary to guess to understand.

"But don't worry, I promise that I didn't commit a crime, and I didn't hide from debts and hunt for murder. I won't cause you any trouble, and I'm healthy and have no bad habits..." Uh, suddenly stunned in embarrassment. Good health~~~ why do I mention this, I really want to slap myself, It's like I'm shouting with a trumpet, come and sleep with me, come and sleep with me! Does being a gold digger make people stupid? A drop of sweat on the forehead. The assistant Wen also looked at me in surprise, but the corner of the boss's lips curved, and she smiled lightly, almost murdering my eyeballs. A thousand dollars is hard to buy a beautiful smile, it turns out that I also have the potential to be a gold digger~~~

"Cough cough" Assistant Wen's two coughs forced me to withdraw my gaze from the boss. "That's it, I have arranged some courses for you. From tomorrow, there will be several teachers who will teach you some cultural courses and sports programs. The training time is three months. After three months, someone else will come teach you etiquette..."

"Wait...wait a minute, why do I want to learn this?" I'm just making a fool of myself

"After these studies are over, you will stay by Miss. Fang's side as my personal assistant."

"Ah?" You seem to be already an assistant, right? Does an assistant still need an assistant? The businessmen are really wicked! I only asked for food and clothing, and you are still thinking about development and utilization.

"This is Miss. Fang's decision. You must cherish this opportunity."

Why did she make a decision and the final victim was me? There is really no human right for a gold digger like me.

"Don't cry. Considering your education, I only arranged a few simple courses. Let's work hard." Leaving this sentence, the two left together. When I went out on the front door, a porter came and sent a large box of "study materials." Liar!!

"My name is Chu Xiaolan"

..

I'm not a parrot, but the foreign language teacher who came here said, "Learning a foreign language is all about reading and practicing." So I say this sentence twenty times a day, five times in English, five times in German, five times in French, and five times in Japanese. After three days of talking, she finally gave me a new sentence - "I am Chinese". I warned myself over and over again, "You are a gold digger now, you must be obedient!" Reluctantly, I let him treat me like an idiot. After sending away, I turned around and threw myself on the bed, biting the quilt for five minutes, ah no, tearing the quilt for five minutes.

After three month of study, I learned a few emergency foreign languages and some economic theory. It was really not hard work, but the quilt on the bed was changed three or four times. And every time the quilt is changed, the housekeeper looked at me with eyes that were as deep as the stars in the vast Milky Way, flickering erratically. I know she depressed, but I am more depressed than her.

After the theory class was over, two old mothers came to teach me etiquette.

"Miss Chu, when eating, you can't lay your forearm on the table."

"Miss Chu, the knife and fork can't beat the plate with the sound."

"Miss Chu, when standing, you should fold your stomach anytime and anywhere, and pay attention to your posture."

"Miss Chu....."

Stop shouting, I'm dead!!!

After being exposed to the light of hell for so long, when I see Assistant Wen again, I suddenly think she is so cute! She used two checks to invite the two dead old wives away. The simple act of drawing a check was so handsome. Just for this, I put on the suit she brought, and walked away. As long as I don't continue that kind of study, let me do anything!