Love is blind!

Thank you everyone for the votes and comments for the previous os, 'Mr.Ape vs Ms.Guinea pig.'

I wrote this story in my other os collection. Thought to write it in Abhigya's version. Hope you like it.

Happy reading📖😘❤!

Pragya's POV!

"Pragya!! Wake up and get ready dear! It's already past 6!" Sarala, My maa's voice came making me to open my eyes lazily. I took calculative steps and opened my window.

Like others, I can't see the sunlight yet I can feel the warmth as sunrays touched my skin. I smiled murmuring a 'good morning' to Mr.Sun.

Today is a special day in my life. Entering into my restroom, I completed my morning ablutions. I wore the chudidhar which my mom kept on the bathroom hanger as usual. Since I can't see anything, she always selects my dress and accessories.

Brushing my hair, my maa farded me mildly. She then flipped saying that 'You're looking so beautiful and your furture hubby should be lucky to have you in his life'.

I mentally sighed. "Ma please! Don't start this today! I have to maintain my good mood so just stop it now. No one will marry a blind girl like me! And I also don't want any pity-love or regret-love from anyone. I'm happy and contented with how I'm and what I have." I tried to explain.

"I know you baby. It's just that I can't die in peace if I didn't see you with someone who took care of you like us. You're too innocent in this cruel world. And We can't be there with you always so I have to make sure of your safety before we leave this world." My maa said her usual dialogue. She'll never understand or change!!

"I beg you to disagree mom. I'm strong enough to take care of myself. I may not have sight but I have strong bones and brown belt in karate! Did you forget? And also you and papa is not going to leave me any time sooner. Did you think that you'll escape from me this much earlier? No! You have to bear me for lot more years. Or did you think me as burden like others?" I asked her playfully but her eyes welled up immediately.

Shit!!!!

"Shut up Pragya!! Don't talk like that! You're our only princess!! We didn't think for even a second that you're our burden! You're so precious to us raag! And you'll know what I'm trying to say when you see the right person. He'll bring the light to your dark life." She said in tears. I kissed her cheek. Hugging her, I patted her shoulder in a consoling way.

I don't want someone to bring light which I can't able to see ma.

As much as anticipated to tell this, I chose otherwise because I don't want to stress her more. I smiled.

Having my breakfast, I entered my papa's car and made myself comfortable. I asked my papa to turn on the radio. I heard the tamil song 'kannana kanne' from 'Nanum rowdy than' movie.

The lyrics sends me positive vibes and confidence. It was like god is saying the lines through the lyrics. I rested my head at headrest closing my eyes.

Today is the most awaited day in my life. I'm going to recording studio to sing a chorus for  a song. It was like dream comes true. Despite, this is just a chance for chorus not a main lead singing, I'm more than happy for my first chance.

It's my dream since when I turned 13 years old. I'm blind since birth. My maa and papa neither hate me nor regret giving birth to me. They loves me more than anything. Because of me, they didn't give birth to another child as they want to look after me with full care and attention.

I can't thank them enough. They didn't make me feel that I have disability, that I'm not a normal child till now. They treat me and talk with me carefully not mentioning about my disability.