In fact, he'd watched them willingly hold hands before. Why wouldn't she hold his?

Ah, there it was. Flash felt his heart pang within his chest, reluctantly letting go of the girl's hand. He'd seen it coming for awhile now. She, no matter how many times she tried to deny it, was smitten with Peter Parker. Flash knew he didn't stand a chance...

So why did the nonverbal rejection hurt so much?

The last little bit of hope of ever having her dissipated. And as if the emotional pain of accepting he had to let go of the girl he wanted to love him wasn't enough, the universe decided right then and there would be the greatest time of all for Flash to be slammed to the rough concrete below him.

From suddenly being tackled, Flash was pulled out of his thoughts. His eyes widened as his back made hard contact with the ground. The pain soared through his body. Going from the back where it originated from, to his arms and legs, to the tips of his finger and the tips of his toes. A strangled gasp came out of his mouth, a wheeze as he tried to breathe normally following shortly behind.

"Flash!" the girl called out. She tried to step forwards to him, but two sets of hands gripped firmly onto her shoulders, preventing her from doing so. She looked behind herself to be met with two of the guys, one wearing a black hoodie and the other with a nose piercing, that were previously blocking the exits. Not being one to give up, she thrashed around, struggling against them. "Let me go!"

Despite her attempts, the two guys holding her back still had more strength. One of the guys, he was wearing a gray beanie, approached Flash who lay groaning on the ground. Gray beanie guy reeled his foot back, letting it harshly collide with Flash's rib cage.

Did he just—? That guy really just kicked a man while he was on the ground. Damn. Brutal.

The final guy, who had tattoos coming all the way up his neck, kneeled down next to Flash. Not being able to put up much of a fight, Flash ended up being turned over onto his stomach. From there, tattoo guy pinned his hands behind his back, pushing upwards harshly to induce more pain.

The girl could only watch. She kicked and yelled and thrashed around, but no matter what she did or how she threatened them, they just wouldn't let go. Her eyes remained on Flash the whole time, watching as Gray Beanie and Tattoos beat him until he fell unconscious with a face that was surely going to have bruises all over it in the near future.

"He's out," Tattoos monotoned, pulling back Gray Beanie before he could throw another punch to the unconscious boy. The guy bent down and stood Flash up. He threw one of Flash's arms over his shoulders, "We were told to only knock him out. The boss said he wanted both the kids alive."

Gray Beanie let out a few grumbled words that were obviously of displeasure, but he didn't continue to say anything further. Instead he started walking in the direction of the exit he was originally blocking, which lead to the backside of the building.

Tattoos followed after, lumbering the knocked out blonde with him. Black Hoodie and Nose Piercing, who still held firmly onto the girl that had not once stopped struggling, dragged her in the same direction the other two were headed. If only they hadn't been covering her mouth to prevent her from screaming would she be able to answer the poor spider inside the vents.

"Y/n?! Are you okay?" he whispered. Yelling in the vents would attract the attention of the crime boss below him. "L/n, please answer... Or at least give me something!"

But he didn't get a response. Which led him to panicking.

What was going on? Why had she screamed Flash's name? Why wasn't she answering? Was she in danger— no, he'd decided that she definitely was in danger. The only problem was he didn't know exactly where the girl was or what was causing her distress. How serious was the issue, and did he need to leave King Pin alone so he could handle with whoever was messing with his damsel?

He decided that yes, he would have to take his eyes off Mr. Pin for a moment.

So he started crawling away from the big guy's office and heading for the vents that would take him down towards the ground. As he left, the door to King Pin's office opened. Spider-man paused just long enough to see two figures step in before he hurriedly left to find his partner.

She was more important than whoever King Pin was meeting with. Excluding May, she was more important than anyone actually.

"You can't speak right now, I know that much," Peter spoke to the girl on the other end of the line in a calming voice. "But you sounded like you needed help, so I'm putting the mission on a temporary hold to get to you." He thought for a moment, "Are you in the building or near it?"

He didn't get a verbal answer, but instead heavy breaths. At first, Peter was confused, but everything clicked when he realized she'd managed to breathe out a 'y' in morse code. He heard an 'e' and a 's' followed it, so she was in or at least still near the office.

"Alright," Peter mumbled. "Are you in the building?"

A few seconds of complete silence passed, making Peter panic. He quickens his pace so he can get down to the vents near the lobby in hopes of maybe finding her there. However, before Peter could start full on panicking, the girl gave him and answer. 'Yes' in morse code.

Peter nodded his head despite knowing she couldn't see it, "I'm on my way now, Sunshine."

i'm off to camp on monday, so absolutely no updates for the next 2 weeks🙆‍♀️. enjoy ur lives or whatever