Chapter Seventeen - HYPOTHETICALLY

Start from the beginning

"I think that might mean we're switching up teams." Pandora commented a little glumly. It was clear to Regulus she had wanted her sister and James Potter to be back together once more. "I should check on Estelle." She added noticing the raven haired witch had now veered far away from their main group of friends.

Abruptly, Pandora was gone and Regulus was confused on why Phoibe Evadine was still stood in front of him. He cleared his throat trying to make conversation resting his broom over his shoulder.

"Are you on my team?"

"No way. I'm not playing." Phoibe uncontrollably snorted at the idea. "I'm like broom repellent or something."

Regulus had seen the girl play before, if you could even call it that. It was true she wasn't exactly graceful.

"I remember when you used to get smacked in the face by broom handles in flying lessons." He recalled their first year.

"Empathy is not your strong suit is it Black?"

"Come on Roses, its funny." A small smile began to grace his lips.

"Not to me. I was so embarrassed going to Madam Pomfrey every week." Phoibe muttered under her breath.

"Play." Regulus repeated.

"Why so you can laugh at me?"

"I can do that anytime, any place, and I definitely don't need quidditch as an excuse." The wizard stated his tone lighter not carrying the words as an insult but rather a little playful taunting.

"I'm more of a hazard to the team than a help. You do know that right?" Phoibe checked.

Regulus' hands gripped his broom a little tighter and his next words were a little unsure. "Yeah but I can help you... if you wanted me to? I could show you how to at least stay up right."

"No." Phoibe shook her head. "I can't."

"Can't or won't?" He questioned. "Don't make me dare you Evadine."

"I don't have even have a broom." She said.

"I can get Kreacher to get one of my old ones. Don't make excuses live a little." He turned to the elf. "Please could you get my old shooting star from the shed? I don't think it's a good idea I give Evadine anything faster."

"Prat."

"Twit."

"Trollope."

⭒⭒⭒

Sirius Black did not have many regrets in his life. He was the type of wizard to live in the present not wanting to dwell too deep in the past as it had been, gone and could not be changed. However, certain things he was sure would be stitched into him forever.

In was most evident to him in moments with Remus. The moments where Sirius' thoughts screamed in the silence everything he wanted to confess and was denied everytime the words almost made it to his lips.

It was like Remus knew exactly what he was going to say and then Sirius would see it. The sandy haired boy would look at him with the remnants of distrust and betrayal he felt the night of that stupid prank at the beginning of last school year.

Sirius Black would have done anything to take back that night. A night where he had been so callous of consequences. He couldn't justify it. How could he justify leading Severus Snape to the whomping willow on a full moon? How could he justify not only putting Remus' secret at risk but also creating his biggest fear of hurting someone.

He had lost his friends for weeks on end that had turned into three whole months of silence. And the silence had certainly given the wizard some time to reflect and definitely enough time to be shocked that his fellow marauders would take him back in the first place.