Chapter Thirteen - REGGIE

*✮ . . ° ☆ . °¸ . • ✮ . • °:. ₊ ° . ☆ . . ° .•

࿐໋₊Chapter Thirteen ₊˚.༄
REGGIE

song guide ♬ take a chance on me ~ abba ♬

*✮ .. ° ☆ . °¸ . • ✮ . • °:. ₊ ° . ☆ .  . ° .•

(tw: minor physical and emotional abuse mentioned)

It was no secret amongst the Black family that affection was not easily afforded. Regulus Black had learnt over the years it was a transaction not worth while. He had tried for many years to be the perfect son to his parents to be awarded their love and so far it had costed him one of the most valuable things that had been in his life.

His brother.

Some days he loathed Sirius but other times he would reminance on their childhood together, the more uplifting parts anyway... One memory that had particularly stuck with Regulus was that the older Black had given him his first flying lesson.

The air had been damp, grass coated in rain as it was still drizzling. Sirius had let Regulus mount his broom, an old shooting star, admittedly rather wobbly. It was clear Regulus was unsure. He was always worried about whether he should have been doing anything Sirius instructed as he had a habit of finding trouble, but the younger Black also associated trouble with the only fun that was ever had in their home.

Besides, it was not like Regulus would ever get blamed. His parents loved to claim Sirius was responsible for every problem with in the home but even at young age of five the smaller boy knew that was not the case.

In short the afternoon was spent with Sirius guiding his unbalanced brother around the edges of the garden until he was able to kick off into the air on his own. Sirius was clapping his back in encouragement and finally more confident, Regulus had risen a couple of feet further into the air soaring peacefully.

He learnt then he could always count on flying to clear his mind.

Unfortunately, his thoughts had began wander a little too far for him to realise the old broom had increased in speed. It jetted forward so quickly he barely had any time to turn around before crashing into the hedge in front of him with a loud crunch.

The day had ended with Regulus' mostly healed arm in a sling and strangely enough Sirius had later emerged from his mothers office with same injury though clearly untreated despite not crashing into a hedge at all.

Even though the day had not ended well Regulus held that memory close to him and others like it when Sirius had shown him kindness and affection. After all his parents were hardly the type to tuck him in and kiss him goodnight.