Promise

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The events of this short story take place a while before the epilogue.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Natsuki's POV

I sat at the living room couch as I watched the static on the, TV waiting for my show to come back on but with rising excitement boiling inside of me.

"Natsuki! I can't find the aux cable!"

"It's down here!"

Today is the night I spend the whole day at Evan's house but also get the whole place to myself, I get to do whatever and however I want because Evan's going to have a concert late at night because it's actually a big event.

I hear him running down the stairs which gets me to hop off the couch and head over.

"You got everything?"

"Yup. Lemme just grab the keys, hand me the cable will ya."

I comply and run back to retrieve his item from the coffee table as he called out to me again.

"Are you sure you're gonna be alright hun?"

"Of course I will, it's just one night."

We both meet up near the front door as I help him slip on his leather jacket.

"I know but I don't see why you want to stay home alone Nat.."

"Is it that hard to believe a girl wants some 'me time' for herself once in a while?"

I cross my arms as I jokingly pout at him but I did feel a bit offended at his distrust.

"It's not that- Why can't you just come with? It would be fun I promise."

"Yeah Evan, it's great to stand in a crowd full of complete strangers all by myself with no protection. And if not there, stand back stage where agents and sponsors try to flirt with me to try and one up you to make me feel like a toy. Sounds fucking fantastic."

"... Alright fair enough."

That...came out really sour that I had intended it to be but I can't deny that I was genuinely a bit mad at the thought he doesn't think I can take care of myself at home.

"Evan...look, this is a one time thing and it's not like I'll really be alone, I'll be talking to the girls over the phone most of the time and hog the ice cream bucket all for myself. Like you said you'll be back by 3 and I'll be asleep by then so what's the problem?"

I watch him stand there and let out a heavy sigh, he then nods before whipping his wrist to look at his watch.

"Yeah...yeah, you're right. Sorry, it's just still something new to me, I know your dad used to leave the house to you but..."

He stopped and shook his head before snatching his case from the ground and turn to face the door.

"Ah it's fine...just call me if something happens! I'll be-"