Chapter 13: Lavender in the mud

I ended up sleeping on the couch as I found myself drooling when I woke up and reminded myself that I still have school and shoot up from the couch, I checked my phone to find that it was still- 5 in the morning... I sigh and toss my phone onto the couch and head upstairs.

I clearly couldn't sleep after that so I just decided to keep myself busy until it was time to actually get ready. My own fucked up sleep schedule has been my concern for some time now but I'm not doing anything about it either. I checked my email and found that there's two new clients appointing in the same week so that was something. Eventually the time came around so I got ready for school with the least amount of enthusiasm I've had in a long time and that's coming from someone who hates school anyway.

After my morning routine I head outside and wait for Sayori who texted me saying she's feeling better but hasn't fully recovered. Although I kept suggesting she should stay home until she's 100% good but she reassured me saying she'd wear a mask. When she stepped outside she sure as hell did wear one but I think it would just make everyone cautious of her.

"You look stupid."

"Good morning to you too meanie!" She pouted.

We made our way to school with our usual conversations sparking up once again and it felt good for it to pick back up again.

When we reached the school gates I noticed that we were actually early because there were still students roaming the school grounds.

"I'm going to the club right now! Monika texted me last night said that we need to discuss some things!" Sayori said with her cheery smile but I think I have an idea of what the talk is going to be about.

"And you better talk to Misha!" She said trying to make an angry face but I just chuckle.

I waved her off and decided to chill near the fountain as I make my way over to the area. I noticed a bunch of students gathered around it already but they appeared to be surrounding someone..

"Aren't those the people that...- Oh no..."

I quickly go over to the group when I realized they were Yuri's bullies and my suspicions were soon revealed to be true as I look over their shoulders and find her between them as one of the guys snatched her book from her hand and start tossing it between the group. All the while hearing the terms 'freak' or 'loser'

As they played catch with her book I stepped in and caught it mid air as it was being passed on before looking back at them, my eyes darting to presumably their leader who was keeping Yuri from getting the book.

"You asshats are reaaallyy starting to piss me off..."

"E-Evan..! Um hi.." one of the girls exclaimed but I doubt she's trying to explain anything and just fan girl.

"May I ask what your problem is with this girl?" I say with a sharp gaze directly to the main man in question.

"Dude...we're just messing around- She doesn't even talk and sits in the corner of the class like a fre-" Before he could finish I slapped him across the face while the rest of the group flinched and stepped back.

"What are you, 5?! I really don't get how you animals find entertainment in harassing others."

I push him aside and hand Yuri her book who was still frozen in a mix of emotions. I turn back and stare the group down while also occasionally glancing at the jerk holding his cheek.

"Let me make this clear...if I ever see you people around her again- And believe me, I'll know- I can either put this in 2 perspectives. 1. I Get the student council and have them deal with your shit because this isn't the first time this has gone down. 2. I take matters into my own hands and deal with you people myself."