Chapter 37: Antipathy

There stood a woman with long straight black hair with blue eyes and a small tear emerging at the corners. Whatever belongings she had on her dropped to the floor upon seeing me but when she stepped closer I moved back.

Why is she here...? How is she here?! Why now of all times...why when I was finally happy again?

"...wait....Evan?!!" She called out to me but I could hear nothing but the constant ringing in my ears

My hands are trembling but still balling into fists, I want to move...I want to punch her. I want to kill her...why isn't my body responding?! I can't see anything else. All my focus is directed to her face while the rest is blurred out.

Suddenly I felt a strong grip on upper arm and soon Natsuki stepped infront of me, blocking my view of the one infront of me. She held my face, forcing me to look down at her and began speaking, whatever she said didn't faze through me but just by looking at her I could feel my heart beat slowing down until I finally take a breath or more so a gasp of air and step back.

"Shhhh, hey...calm down.."

"W-who are you?!"

Natsuki seemingly ignored her and started pushing me backwards until I tipped over and sat down onto one of the chairs.

Still panting heavily my eyes where still glued to mom who just stood there in shock until Natsuki walked back to her and spoke to her before they moved to the living room.

As they did I just stare at the knife on the floor with my teeth still grinding against each other hidden behind my lips. Keeping my eyes on the living room entrance I get up and quietly get the blade and as I picked it up the front door swung open.

"Evan?! I heard screaming! what-" Sayori stood at there door with absolute fear in her eyes as she saw me holding the blade half knelt down.

"Wh- what are you doing?!?" She rushed over to me and I got up, her hands trying to take the weapon from me but I pulled away, not resisting fully but not giving in either.

"Evan...what happened...?" Her voice went into a soft tone of worry as she placed her hands on my shoulders but before I could say anything she peaked over my shoulder and looked behind me.

Her eyes widened and she yanked her arms off of me and stepped aside to get a better view of what's there...

Natsuki and mom must have heard her shout and came to look, the knife was still in my hand as I was at the near point of turning around and make a move.

"Y-..you."

"Sayori! I um..."

Sayori saw my current state and immediately grabbed my arm, forcing it down when I was about to raise it and turn.

"Evan...don't. Please.."

I don't let go of the knife but I loosen up while I hear footsteps come up behind me.

"Stop." I say immediately.

"Evan please listen to me."

"Why...are you here?"

I don't face her at all. I'm just staring at the open door and looking outside with my back turned to her because if I look at her in this current position I will end up doing something.