Chapter Six

It's Christmas Eve night and everyone was ready to see Maddie off in her sleigh. But Hector still needed to stop her. He poured the Fog Juice into the fountain and it started to make, well, fog. Now they couldn't take off because they can't see. Maddie came out from her coffin sleigh and waved to everyone as they cheered for her. Before Maddie left, Piro started reading out a speech as the fog got thicker. Thick enough that Piro couldn't read her speech anymore.

Maddie realized what was happening and was devastated about it. They couldn't take off because the reindeer can't see. There goes her plans and dreams. Everyone was sad, not just Maddie. Max then got Maddie's attention. Maddie didn't want him there until she realized something. Max's eyes glow. He can lead the sleigh! Maddie used her magic so Max could fly like the reindeer and told him to go at the front.

Their Christmas hasn't failed yet! Max led the way as they took off and Hector tried to stop them but they were already gone. The Townspeople walked off to the well where they would watch Maddie but Hector didn't go there yet. He was worried about Maddie. If what he saw was true, she could get hurt or worse and he didn't want that.

"Goodbye, Maddie... My dearest Maddie. Oh, how I hope my premonition is wrong," Hector said as the band began to play, 'I sense there's something in the wind that feels like tragedy's at hand and though I'd like to stand by her, can't shake this feeling that I have. The worst is just around the bend and does she notice my feelings for her? And will she see how much she means to me? I think it's not to be.'

'What will become of my dear friend? Where will her actions lead us then? Although I'd like to join the crowd in their enthusiastic cloud. Try as I may, it doesn't last and will we ever end up together? No, I think not, it's never to become for I am not the one.'

He does love her but would she ever love him? At this point, it almost seems impossible. Meanwhile, Maddie was on her way to one of many houses she'd visit. She landed rather ungracefully onto the room and dropped down the chimney. Her crash landing had woken the child she was delivering the presents too so she went downstairs to meet her. But instead of Elsa, he saw Maddie. The child knew something was wrong when he saw Maddie instead of the famous Elsa.

He got Maddie's attention anyway and Maddie was very friendly with him. But the child didn't know what to say so Maddie gave him his present and left. The child's parents came downstairs asking what he had gotten. All he did was show them a decapitated head Maddie had given him. They screamed at the sight and called the police. The police answered to the screaming mother telling him what Maddie had given them. The police were confused. That was the second complaint they had tonight.

But Maddie would continue her rounds to the many different houses. Maddie came to another house where she put a Christmas Wreath on the inside of the door. It came alive once she left and started to cause mischief. In another house, she let a giant snake loose. In another, a haunted doll and a shot duck on a skateboard. The children saw the two gifts and loved them until they came to life and chased them into their parent's room. This continued all night long.

Toys attacking people, the Wreath holding a woman hostage, the snake eating the presents, and the Christmas tree, bats replaced the Christmas ornaments, the Jack-in-the-boxes were chasing children, and a lot more. So, people started blocking their fireplaces, turning the fire up, locking the doors and windows, doing anything they could think of to stop Maddie from coming in. Meanwhile the police were getting more and more calls about the problem to the point the only one taking the calls couldn't keep up with them all.

This soon became the top story on the news all over the world. They knew Elsa had been replaced with someone else and ruining the holiday. The people of Halloween Town were happy about Maddie's work. But they were celebrating so much they didn't hear the bad news. But Hector did. The military is preparing to stop Maddie from causing any more harm. That made Hector worried and decided to go and find Elsa to help fix this and save Maddie.

Back with Maddie, alarms blared as the military prepared to shoot Maddie out of the sky. Searchlights shone in the sky, looking for her. She was flying by but assumed that the military firing at her was them celebrating and thanking them for doing a good job. If only that were the case. They went higher. Back in Halloween Town, Pitch was ready to gamble with Elsa who was still tied up. But Hector had detached his leg and used it as a distraction. Pitch walked over to see what it was about.

Then his hands went down the rope holding Elsa and told her to look up. It was Hector telling her he was helping her escape. He untied the ropes around her hands and gave her a ladder to climb up. But, by that time, Pitch saw that the leg wasn't attached to anyone and looked over to see Elsa trying to escape. He used his nightmares to bring them over to him. They weren't getting away with this. Back with Maddie, she was making her way to the next house when the military started aiming for her properly.

The lights had spotted her and started to fire at them. They hit a reindeer and the barrel that all the toys were in. Now she realized that they weren't celebrating, they were trying to hit them! But, before he could get out of the way, Maddie was hit and started to fall from the sky. Her plan had failed and she was now accepting defeat. The people of Halloween town had watched it all happen and cried knowing their Queen had been killed. Piro made the announcement to the people who weren't there.

What are they going to do now without their queen? The Police also gave the announcement that there was still no sign of Elsa and that Maddie had been shot down. To add to the bad news, Christmas was canceled that year.