52. School chalein hum

Börja om från början

"maa." Pari replied in monosyllable while playing with khushi's mangalsutra and khushi sighed. She hoped against hope that after attending school, Pari will start speaking more like her siblings and other kids her age...

--*--

Finally, Arnav Khushi and Akash reached D.A.V. sharp at 8 am. As soon as they parked their car, Chiku and Piya kissed their parents and got down. In no time, they found their friends and ran to their individual classes.

Now the toughest part of the day came, dropping twins to their classroom. Pari was in Khushi's arms and Aru with Akash's till now as Arnav had driven their SUV. But as soon as he parked his car, Arnav took Aru from Akash's arms who was looking around with scared gaze. Arnav could see she was overwhelmed. Pari was still oblivious to this new world, or probably like her usual self, did not bother where she was!

Thankfully, nursery kids were allowed to be dropped till their classes so they could go till the classroom door. But as they reached there, they put the twins down.

There were 3 teachers for this class of around 20 kids and they all were at the door to talk to parents personally as well as to welcome the kids.

When Arnav and Khushi asked the girls to go inside as there were many fun things there, somehow the girls got convinced to give it a try. Albeit, Arnav had told them he was just outside this 'fun-room'. Still looking behind her shoulder, Aru held Pari's hand as they moved to their classroom. Pari was calm as usual, watching her surrounding in between but not saying a word. Arohi, however, was not liking this place at all!

And as one of the teachers helped them be seated, Aru lost the sight of her parents and the anxiety kicked in!

"Hey sweetie pies, what are your names?" a teacher came near the twins and asked them

"Mamma chahiye (I want my mamma)" Aru said, frowning

"haan cutie, mamma is there too but tell me your name na?" the teacher tried once again. This was not new to her, every year at least a few kids showed similar reactions

"dada ke pash jana (I want to go to dada)." Aru once again made her point. She was not liking this new place where there were so many kids around her and she was not even allowed to run around like at her home or her nani's place...

"Yes baby, your daddy is here too. but tell us your name. come on"

"Mammmaaaa. dadaaa" Aru shouted and her big hazel eyes filled with tears and soon started flowing on her chubby cheeks...

The teacher turned to Pari in meanwhile, in a hope that her sister would help, as she was aware they were fraternal twins

"Hey sweetie, what's your name?"

Pari didn't not even look at her but kept looking at Aru

"hey, will you be my friend?" the teacher extended her hand to gain pari's attention but to no avail

"aru is crying" pari thought in her mind

"mum--maa--dad-aaa" Aru cried out once again getting up from her place now and the teacher gently held her,

"Shh. Calm down baby, you mummy-papa will come soon, ok? Till then, why don't we play with these nice toys? See, they are so beautiful, hai na?" the teacher tried her best-known tricks with all assorted toys but...

"Noooo" aru was beyond listening....

Somehow the three teachers managed to keep the class of 20 toddlers in one place for sometime. Since this was the first day, the school already anticipated that few kids will cry or find it tough to adjust, so the first day was only for 2 hours.

As soon as the classroom doors opened, Aru ran to her parents followed by a teacher carrying pari. Arnav and Khushi engulfed their princesses in their embrace. They were anxiously watching their daughters' faces and tears strains on aru's cheeks told them her story while Pari's grumpy face told hers. So it was going to be a bumpy rides with these two!

Whole ride back home, the girls stayed glued to their parents with Aru clutching Arnav's neck and Pari asleep in Khushi's lap.

Thankfully, arnav had asked mohan to come so he could drive them back home.

Over the next weeks, they would see Aru slowly getting used to her school and making new friends. Pari however did not change and would not utter a word. And in near future, one day her teachers would call Arnav and Khushi to inform them while their one daughter Arohi was doing quite well for a 2.5 years old, their other daughter had speech problem and was probably in need of a school for special kids...

For now, though, it looked like Raizada kids were in process of adapting to school...

--*--

A/N - Did anyone feel nostalgic? Gosh, I had given such a tough time to my parents on my first day at school and clearly remember bringing whole school down with crying because I didn't want to leave my mom-dad 😂 Chiku's behavior inspired from a cutie in my family, who actually loved, still loves his school so much and would help his teachers in pacifying other kids who cried in school lol. He would tell them 'don't cry, tumhari mummy aa jayegi ha?' and wipe their tears and all ❤

As for Pari, she will stay in that school for sometime and later Arnav will decide to home school her, we all know how perfect that will turn out :)

p.s. our chiku is turning 6 soon! Can you believe it? He is a big boy now :D