#1

•••

[ #01 : what they cannot see ]

••

RIINGG!!!

"Alright, class is over for today! Thank you so much everyone! Be careful on your way home!" Miss Kobayashi cheered in front of the class full of students, and left the classroom.

The students started to pack their stuffs, preparing to go back home, or to go play with their friends. It's just like the usual day of a elementary school.

"Ugh... I have totally forgotten everything from that class before..." Genta grunted, while walking towards Conan's desk. Mitsuhiko and Ayumi did the same.

Mitsuhiko chuckled. "Haha, it is pretty hard. But I took a note for the subject! You can borrow it if you want. But do actually study it! Not just leaving it be."

"Oooh! You're a lifesaver! Thank you bud!"

Ai stared at them. "Was it really that hard? I got so sleepy mid class because of how easy it is."

Conan sweatdropped. "Well duh, you're a scientist learning first grade materials again, of course it's gonna be easy...". Ai just shrugged in response.

From beside them, Ayumi just stood there, not saying anything. Her face was showing an uncomfortable expression. Being the one who spent a lot of time with the girl, Ai noticed immediately that something was off about her. 

"Ayumi, is something wrong?" She asked. Her question made the other friends turn to Ayumi. Conan raised an eyebrow at her, noting her unusually quite behavior. 

Ayumi flinched, and smiled wearily. "Ah! W-well... Um..."

"C'mon Ayumi! Your face looks as if you just saw a scary monster!" Genta exclaimed. 

Ayumi stared at each of them back and forth, eyebrows scrunching. "Eh? But shouldn't you be scared to!?"

"What? Why should we??"

"L-look, there's a big worm on the desk behind you!"

The kids turned around immediately. But, they didn't see any worm. Big worm especially. In fact, there's nothing strange around the classroom.

Genta looked back at her, confused. "What are you even--"

"And there too! At the ceilings, there are multiple of them! At the back of the class too! They have been crawling there since this morning--"

"Ayumi, what are you talking about?" Conan interrupted her. She stopped her rambling, her expression changed from scared to confused while looking at him.

Conan continued. "Even if I am wearing glasses, I'm pretty certain that there are no 'worms' or 'creatures' in this classroom."

"I don't see anything too!" Genta said. Mitsuhiko nodded in agreement. "What about you Haibara?"

"Nope. Didn't see anything out of the ordinary." Ai answered nonchalantly. 

Deep inside Ayumi, she felt her heart dropped. 'What...!? But I can see them clearly! Why can't my friends also see them...!?'

Mitsuhiko sighed. "Maybe Ayumi is just tired? We did do a lot of activities during P.E. class. Maybe you are just imagining it."

"Yeah! Or maybe you are exhausted from yesterday!" Genta added.

Ayumi shook her head rapidly. "No! I'm sure I'm not imagining it! It's clearly there!" She pointed to the creature she saw.

Everyone once again looked at where she was pointing at, and once again, they see nothing.