14. cry me a river

"you were all i'd ever known.
and now i'm supposed to love
you from a distance, like it's
nothing. like it's instant."

jay watches as kyorin rushed out of the ice cream shop

jay watches as kyorin rushed out of the ice cream shop. confusion was written all over his face as well as jina's and yoojin's. forgetting about the spoons, he walks back to the confused group. heeseung and jungwon look awkward as ever whilst sunghoon was busy reprimanding jina.

"what the hell happened?" jay asks.

"from what it looked like to us, jina was provoking kyorin. it looked like it worked," jungwon explains, giving jay an awkward yet pitiful look. it was almost apologetic, "we had no clue what to do. we tried to stop it but she just left."

jay turns to jina who was now sitting right back next to an embarrassed sunghoon, "what did you say to her—"

"you should go after her and take her home," jina says nonchalantly, nuzzling her face against sunghoon's shoulder.

upon seeing that, yoojin felt disgusted and pretending to gag. she shook her head, "that's fucking nasty."

chaerin walks back to the group with a small ice cream cone in her hands along with jina's but the sudden change of mood made her stop in her tracks. she watched as jay rubbed his forehead in frustration while jungwon continued to explain what happened. she walks up to them, making small eye contact with jay but quickly looking away.

she was just as confused as nari while yoojin was shooting daggers at jina, "keep your friend on a leash,"

"excuse me?" chaerin says, taken back by yoojin's comment.

yoojin rolls her eyes, "she's fucking unhinged. i suggest you put her on a leash before all her barking gets her in trouble."

"are you calling me a dog?" jina says, getting up from her seat.

nari tugs on yoojin's sleeve but she only shoved it back, "yeah, 'cause you're a bitch."

not wanting to hear anymore, jay picks up the mini tub of ice cream and covers it back up. he grabs the box that it came with and wraps it's back up so that it's secured. he'd hate to give it to kyorin and it be messier than his relationships. he pulls out a ten dollar bill and hands it over to nari, "please get rocky road. it's for kiwoo. i'm gonna find her so she doesn't die."

nari takes the money while jay picks up the tub of ice cream and rushes out of the store. he places the ice cream in the backseat before rushing out of the parking lot.

she can't be too far away, right?

***