Karaoke night gets crazy

"This is in my top ten of weirdest ways to take out monsters. Of all time." Percy complained as they all shuffled into the bar, taking seats around the largest table.

"It's not that bad, dude." Piper said, rolling her eyes.

"Yeah, at least this way we get some drinks and some good entertainment." Thalia commented, nodding towards the bar. Annabeth and Reyna went with her as she put in orders for everyone. Everyone but Percy, that is, because he never drank.

"Let's go sign everyone up for something Pipes." Leo said, pulling on her arm and aiming for the DJ booth. Piper winked at Percy, and he knew that would mean trouble. Piper often made videos of them all being dumb and singing and doing some skit or another. She would put them on an app that Percy never learned much about, but didn't really care. Apparently she had a following. When she told him once that most people followed for the shots of him singing he didn't believe her. But she knew how good his voice was and that was what worried him about the look she gave him from the DJ booth.

"Think this will work? I mean, there are a lot of demigods in one place. We'll probably attract anything within like 50 miles." Hazel said, tugging on a stray curl.

"Stop that." Nico complained, pulling the strand from her hands. But he kept a hold of it, showing his own anxiety as he leaned against her chair. "I don't see why we have to be the ones to do this." He twirled the hair absently around his finger until Will stopped him, grabbing his hand and linking their fingers. Nico scowled at him momentarily, but Will's smile and kiss to his temple made him relax. Leo and Piper got back to their seats and they ordered some appetizers while a few people went up and sang. A few were good, but others were hard to listen to.

Reyna brought the drinks over and passed them out, handing Percy an unopened can of coke and a glass of water. He toasted with the coke while the others held their strange mix of drinks up.

"FTG!" Percy said, the others echoing the sentiment. They never said the phrase aside from the initials after the first incident when lightning struck a little too close for comfort. The gods could be temperamental when being talked bad about. They didn't hate all the gods, but there were several that each demigod had too many bad experiences with. It was just easier to group everyone together instead of singling out the ones that were despised the most.

"Rachel!" Annabeth screamed as the redhead made her way into the bar. They hugged before Rachel pulled up a seat next to Percy and propped her feet up in his lap.

"No chaperone tonight, Miss Dare?" Percy teased, while she rolled her eyes.

"Please. He'll be here later, I'm sure. Never misses a chance to check out the talent at these types of events."

"Alright! Let's get Piper and Leo up here!" The DJ announced, and the pair got on stage, Leo raising his arms up and down as if telling the crowd to cheer louder. As soon as they started, they got some more cheers and whistles. They sang Levitating by Dua Lipa but Leo sang the most while Piper nailed the rap. Frank, Hazel, Nico and Will were up and screaming for more, which only encouraged Leo to dance and bow dramatically.

Next was Hazel making people swoon as her raspy voice belted out Chasing Pavement by Adele. She had her hands flailing occasionally emphasizing the feelings. Frank was basically drooling, mouth hanging open in awe. Percy, Nico and Jason tossed popcorn at him occasionally trying to get him to stop being so disgustingly in love. She pulled Jason up next to sing, but he wasn't near as confident as Hazel or Leo had been. He pulled off Curbside Prophet pretty well, but he nearly ran back to his seat once it was over. Thalia ruffled his hair affectionately.

Percy and Frank were called up, but Frank looked terrified. He could take on an army of monsters and risk his life in crazy battle plans, but put him on stage to sing and he was a nervous wreck. Percy knew how to make him relax, so when the song started he manipulated his voice to be similar to the character who normally sang it. Because of course Leo picked Under Da Sea from The Little Mermaid for the two descendents of Poseidon to sing. Frank spent most of the song laughing at how accurate Percy's tone was.