1.16

"Director Fury, the Council has made a decision." A council woman said. Fury was talking to the council members on his monitors.

"I recognize the council has made a decision. But given that it's a stupid-ass decision, I have elected to ignore it." Fury sassed.

This made most of the room laugh.

"Hard not to love him sometimes." Rose said with a small smile.

"Director, you're closer than any of our subs. You scramble that jet-"

"That is the island of Manhattan, Councilman." Fury interrupted the man. "Until I'm certain my team can't hold it, I will not order a nuclear strike against a civilian population."

"Nuclear Strike!" Petunia shrilled.

Many in the room cringed, but didn't say anything.

"If we don't hold them here, we lose everything." the councilman said with concern.

"If I send that bird out, we already have." Fury said before ending the conference call.

[Scene Change]

Natasha was still perched on the alien when a blast was shot in her direction. She looked back to assess the situation. "Oh, you." she said in disdain.

Rose snorted and Natasha smirked at her.

Loki was following behind her, making it his mission to take her out.

Natasha kept swerving and trying to remove herself from his line of fire. "Hawkeye!" Natasha called through the comms.

Clint looked in her direction with clear concern on his face. "Nat, what are you doing?" He asked in confusion.

"A little help!" She called back to him. As she realized dodging him was becoming more than she could handle.

Clint clicked a button on his bow. The scope lit up before he nocked his arrow. He waited for the right opportunity before a smirk appeared on his face. "I got him." he said calmly. Clint released the arrow as soon as Loki got close.

The arrow would have gone straight for Loki's neck if he hadn't caught it.

"So much confidence for nothing." Merlene winced.

Loki smirked arrogantly at Clint only for the arrow to explode.

"Nevermind." Marlene blinked heavily.

"He was counting on him to catch it." Harry stated with an amused smile.

"He's amazing." Rose said dreamily.

Audrey grimaced. "You being married isn't enough? You have to act like a love sick teenager too?"

"Shut up."

Loki fell from the sky and crash landed back onto the Stark Tower.

Natasha flipped from the chariot and onto a roof. She rolled and slid to stop.

Loki stood up just in time for the Hulk to leap onto the balcony. The Hulk wasted no time in tackling Loki through the buildings window.

"Thats what happened to my other window. I knew I only broke one." Tony said.

"Sorry." Bruce said with a shrug.

He didn't look very apologetic.

Loki hit his back onto the wall of Tony's lounge. It only took him seconds to recover before he looked up in anger.