1.8

Loki was marched through the helicarriers hall by a dozen strike team members. He sported an unconcerned smirk.

Bruce was in his lab when he noticed them walk past the window. He looked up in curiosity, only to make eye contact with Loki. He took his glasses off when he saw Loki's smirk turn into a full on smile. Bruce ducked his head and rubbed his brow.

Loki was placed into a clear cylindrical holding cell. The entire thing was being suspended above a trap door that would open and drop the cell at a press of a button. He stood in the middle of a cell with an unconcerned expression on his face.

"Incase its unclear," Fury walked over to a control panel and starts pressing things. "if you try to escape, If you so much as scratch that glass," The trap door opened up below the cell for Loki to see. "It's 30,000 feet straight down in a steel trap." Fury yelled over the brisk wind. "You get how that works?" Fury presses the button to close the door. He gestured to Loki and the cell. "Ant," He pointed to the control panel. "Boot."

Fury looked up and over at Loki when he heard his laughter. Fury turned to him completely to figure out the cause of his amusement.

"It's an impressive cage." Loki held his hands up while slowly backing up towards the middle of the container. "Not built, I think for me." He pointed at himself.

"Built for something a lot stronger than you." Fury informed him.

His vagueness only further amused the god. "Oh, I've heard." He looked straight into a camera that was attached to the corner of the cell.

He knows that they are all watching. Natasha, Nikita, Bruce, Steve, Thor and even Hill were all gathered around tablets or monitors to listen in.

"A mindless beast. Makes play he's still a man."

Natasha and Bruce make eye contact. Bruce wasn't stupid, he knew that the cage was built for him. Natasha felt slightly guilty, because she knew this in advance.

"How desperate are you that you call on such lost creatures to defend you?" Loki questioned.

"How desperate am I?" Fury walked closer to the containment cell. "You threaten my world with war, you steal a force you can't hope to control, you talk about peace, and you kill because it's fun." Fury stopped inches away from the glass. "You have made me very desperate. You might not be glad that you did." Fury tries to intimidate him.

"Ooh. It burns you to have come so close." Loki taunts him. "To have the Tesseract, to have power, unlimited power. And for what?" He gave a sarcastic smile and looked back at the camera. "A warm light for all mankind to share." His smile dropped and his voice deepened into something darker as he looked back at Fury. "And then to be reminded what real power is."

Fury had run out of patience. He gave Loki a sarcastic half smile before he turned to walk away. "Well, let me know if 'real power' wants a magazine or something."

A couple of people gave a small laugh at this.

The shared video feed cut off for everyone who was listening in.

"He really grows on you, doesn't he?" Bruce asked sarcastically.

Nikita shrugged as an answer.

"Loki's gonna drag this out." Steve took initiative. "So, Thor, whats his play?"

Thor who was previously zoned out in thought replied, "He has an army called the Chitauri."

"The Chi-who?" Fleamont asked.