8 months later

Alan paced the floor of the waiting room. He always felt useless in these situations and this one was no different.

"If you don't relax you're going to fall through the floor," Ian said as he sat on the bench opposite to Alan

"I know, I will relax when they are both ok," Alan said, trying hard not to glare too much.

"Alan, I get it but pacing back and forth won't help anyone." Ian shook his head and tried to get Alan to calm down a little.

Alan thought everything was going to be fine, just like the previous arrivals, he brought Ellie to the hospital as usual, then sitting in the room with her the doctor came in and did a routine check, that's when the doctor looked at them both. He told them the baby was not in a great position and was a little distressed so they were going to monitor Ellie and they may have to operate.

Alan's heart sank. He was afraid for Ellie, typical Ellie style she told Alan not to worry she was going to be fine and the baby was fine too. Alan wasn't so sure, she was the most precious person in his life next to his kids and he wouldn't know how to do anything without her. He called Ian who, being the friend he was, arrived within the hour for support, as Ian and his wife arrived the doctor informed him they were going to operate on Ellie.

"Alan, here take this, babe here's yours," Sarah walked through the door with coffees in her hand.

"Thanks babe," Ian said, smiling at her.

"Cheers Sarah, god I wish they would let me know what's going on,"

"Alan relax, Ellie is a fighter, she is going to be fine and so is the baby," Sarah tried to comfort Alan.

"Sarah, I love you but if that was you I would be doing the same thing," Ian laughed

"If?" Sarah looked at Ian and raised an eyebrow.

"When ok, when this is you I will be a complete mess," Ian held his hands up.

Ian loved Sarah. He knew the moment she went on to Isla Sorna a few years back, he had never been so worried in his life and he remembers Alan and Ellie telling him, that he had found the future Mrs. Malcolm, he was a little hesitant at first but then he remembered how Alan had gotten the courage to fully commit to Ellie and he thought if Alan could do it he could. To him Sarah was different, he never wanted her to be an Ex-Mrs. Malcolm, he wanted her to be the last Mrs. Malcolm.

So in true Ian Malcolm style he asked Sarah to marry him and to his surprise she said yes. They have been married for 3 years now, and he has never been happier. Though Sarah has been wanting to start a family with him since Alan and Ellie found out they were having a fourth baby. Ian agreed whole heartily and now it was just a waiting game for them.

"Ian, you're no help, go back to reading your book," Sarah said, smiling at him.

"Yes dear," Ian mocked and smiled as he pulled out his book.

"Alan, trust me everything will be fine, I don't think we have to wait too much longer," Sarah placed a reassuring hand on his arm.

"Thanks Sarah, it's killing me not knowing what's happening." Alan said he finally stopped pacing long enough to drink his coffee

The door to the waiting room opened and in walked the doctor.

"Dr. Grant?" He said approaching.

"Yes, is my wife ok? Is the baby safe?" Alan felt all his emotions go at once.

"Breathe Alan," Sarah said to him looking at the doctor.

Ian stood up and walked to the other side of Alan for support.