FIVE

***

***

"Am I good to go?" Elaine asked glaring at her eldest brother who looked down at her charts and squinted. She looked at Jay who was leaning against the wall with his arms crossed over his chest and Will sighed.

"Maybe you should take the rest of the day off." Will suggested and Elaine rolled her eyes and hopped off the hospital bed and spoke.

"Okay, I'm going." She said and Jay leaned off the wall and spoke.

"Elaine just sit down." He said and she shook her head looking at them.

"No. I have things to do, so I gotta go." She said and then grabbed her jacket and Will spoke.

"Elaine, you were thrown back by a chemical fire." He said and Elaine nodded and turned around looking at them both.

"I'm a firefighter." She said and then walked out of the ED and Jay raised an eyebrow and spoke.

"She has your attitude." He said and Will scoffed and looked at Jay.

"You kidding me? She's got your stubborness." He said and Jay rolled his eyes and sighed.

Elaine walked into the firehouse, with a limp and grimaced opening the door. She walked into the kitchen and saw Cruz, Mouch and Herrmann. Herrmann turned to Elaine and spoke.

"Halstead, you good?" He asked and Elaine looked at him and spoke.

"Yeah, all good." She said and then looked at the TV and spoke.

"Any idea where the Captain is?" She asked and Herrmann nodded and spoke.

"In his office." He said and Elaine nodded and thanked the lieutenant and walked to Casey's sleeping quarters.

She knocked on his door, seeing him bent over doing work and he looked up and rushed to open the door.

"Hey, I didn't think you'd be back so soon."He said and Elaine gave him a small smile and spoke.

"Uh yeah, my brothers were hounding me, I needed to leave." She said and he gave her a smile and spoke.

"How are you feeling?" He asked and Elaine shrugged softly and spoke.

"Just bruised pretty badly." She said and then continued. "Thank you, for doing that, you really didn't have to give me your mask." She said and Matt gave her a smile and place his hand on her shoulder.

"Elaine, you're family." He said and she gave him a small nod and pointed behind her.

"I'm going to go make myself some food." She said and he nodded and watched as she walked away. 

Kelly walked into the firehouse seeing Elaine sitting next to Brett with a bowl of food  as the TV was playing in the background. Brett looked up at Kelly and smiled softly.