FOUR

***

***

Weeks after she had her meeting with Logan and Jay, everything was a bit smooth so far. Elaine had stayed with Jay and Will, alternating between her brothers as they decided they didn't want her alone. Today was finally the day that everyone could get off together and Elaine was standing with Sylvie and Natalie Manning, as she  was talking about what her life was like so far now that she was a part of 51. Natalie smiled and spoke.

"Good, I'm glad you're liking it, Elaine. Will was telling us over at MED that he had a sister and we were all so shocked." She said and Elaine let out a laugh and Sylvie spoke.

"You do look more like Will, now that I really think about it." She said, causing the red head in front of her to laugh a bit.

"How much younger are you than them anyways?" Natalie asked and Elaine smiled and spoke.

"Well, Will is the oldest, and then Jay, but I'm  8 years younger than Jay." She said and Sylvie nodded and spoke.

"How is it having older brothers? I wish I had some." She said and Elaine looked back at Jay who was throwing a football with Casey. Logan was talking with Jay as he caught the ball and Jay looked back at his sister, making eye contact with her and jerked his head forward in a simple hey.

"They're amazing. Jay thinks I like Will more than him but I love them both." She said and Sylvie let out a laugh.

"We got some sweet corn tamales!"Hailey yelled and Logan rushed over and smiled grabbing a tamale. Logan looked at all the women and smiled and then she asked Atwater,

"Atwater, is the pregame on?" 

"Severide you really bugging me with this pre game crap." He said and Logan let out a laugh and Atwater looked at Kelly and spoke.

"Kelly, come get your wife!" He yelled and Kelly let out a laugh, raising his beer to his lips and spoke.

"She'd kick my ass, you know this." He said and took a swig and Elaine let out a laugh, hearing some commotion come from the crowd.

"Help!" A man yelled from the crowd and that was enough for everyone's instincts to take over. Everyone from Med, the fire department and intelligence rushed over to the man that collapsed.

"Chicago Firefighters coming through." Casey said as him and Kelly made their ways through the crowd.

"Everyone back up!" Logan yelled at everyone and rushed to the man who collapsed on the floor with her friends and collegaues

Elaine, Sylvie, and Natalie bent down, tending to the man when he started to seize.

"He's seizing!" Elaine yelled and and Natalie saw blood and began pushing up the man's cargo pants, seeing an infection bubbling.

"What the hell..." Elaine said and Jay looked down over her shoulder and spoke.

"What is that?" He asked and Natalie shook her head and spoke.