There's no rest for the wicked.

"Hey, you alright?" Ron whispered, approaching Harry's bed and sitting down.

"Mhm, sorry if I woke someone up." Harry whispered too, leaning in to Ron's gentle touch on his shoulder.

"Nah, I just came in, doesn't look like anyone else is awake. Can't sleep?" Ron asked, after looking around. He lied, he definitely saw that Neville was awake, but Harry would feel better thinking he didn't wake anyone up.

"Yeah, I think it's the different bed." Harry also lied, Ron had seen the poor excuse of a bed that Harry had slept on, he should be able to sleep on the Hogwarts ones, bewitched to feel perfectly comfortable to the person sleeping on them.

"Maybe, Hermione seems to be having the same problem, she's still downstairs. We can go down if you want." Ron whispered, he had no idea what Harry did when he was awake the first night, but he had noticed that Harry would read at night. It didn't look like he had anything to do now though.

"Is that alright?" Harry asked, his eyes seemed so big as Ron looked down at him, Harry really was very small. Ron just couldn't help thinking Harry was cute.

"Yeah, I just came up to get into my pyjamas. Can you wait until I've changed?" Ron asked, of course he had come up to go to bed, but Harry was more important, maybe they'd talk to him about Sirius.

"That's fine, I don't want to cause problems." Harry whispered, he sounded so sad.

"You're not causing any problems, seriously. I was going to go back down soon anyway, pyjamas are just more comfortable." Ron whispered, smiling at Harry in the half night. The dorm rooms would never be completely dark unless needed for safety reasons for students who were afraid of the dark, if it was too bright for anyone then they could close the curtains on their bed.

"Still, sorry." Harry muttered, hugging his legs close to him, Harry had never really had a lot of self confidence.

"Okay, I'm changed, let's go down." Ron said, offering his hand to Harry as he stood in his oversized Chudley Cannons pyjamas. He had obviously been extremely thankful for them when he got them too, but it wasn't until he was older that he had really understood how much work his parents had done to get him the pyjamas.

Harry didn't say anything, but he grabbed Ron's hand as he stood up. The two of them walking downstairs, Ron hoping that Hermione wouldn't be surprised by him coming back downstairs, but he had already told her about how Harry struggled to sleep well.

"Hey, I'm back as I said. Harry can't sleep so he's joining us." Ron said as they reached the last few steps to the common room, Hermione very much visible sitting in the best armchair by the fire.

Of course, she hadn't shaved her head in this timeline, and while Ron knew it was 100% her choice, but he was glad that her hair was long again, Hermione's tight brown curls were something he couldn't help loving.

"Oh, you were fast, and of course it's fine for Harry to join. You okay? Nightmares?" Hermione asked, putting her book down again and standing up, looking at Harry with a face full of concern.

"I'm fine." Harry said, though nothing he said could really convince the two of them that Harry was actually okay, he was still living with the people who would kill him after all.

"Let's sit on the sofa," Hermione said, leading the way to the sofa closest to the fire. "Can we hug you?"

In truth their desire to hug Harry was mostly selfish, they knew he was alive, but hugging him would help to secure it better for them. Hermione had experience with a timeturner, but neither of them had something like this happen before, they weren't sure how long it would take them to be used to it. When they closed their eyes it still felt like everything that had happened in the past few days weren't real, that Harry was still dead and they'd never see him again. Of course, there was the added benefit of hugs being comforting and Harry needed comfort more than anyone they knew.