【Darla's Note】

Hey, hey, heeeyy!

Hey, hey, heeeyy!

That's it, The Black Swan and the Officer is officially complete!

I hope you guys enjoyed reading the story as much as I enjoyed writing it. Maeve and Lucian hold a special place in my heart because I love how flawed they are. I love the tension between them, and I love how they are a perfect match for one another. Literally no one else could be more suited for them.

The next work I'll start is The Collector, a contemporary romance that can be found on my profile. However, I have a book planned for all the Langston siblings (aside from Manning). The next one that I will write on is Ailia's, but please, note that I have NO idea when that'll be. None. I have too many books that I want to write and too little time to write them.

You get to have a peek at her story in a blurb below, though, but I won't be publishing an empty chapter so you can add the book to your library, as I usually do. Just make sure you follow me on Wattpad and on Instagram, so you get a notification when/if I ever start it.

Loads of love, everyone! And thank you again for sticking around for this one <3

London, 1818

Freshly arrived from the Americas, Seth Maxwell accepts the first well-paying job he finds. If he can prove that Thomas Everson, Viscount Hampden, was killed by his wife, he'll get everything he needs to start his new life.

Ailia is quite enjoying the freedom widowhood offers, not missing the tyrant she naively married. That is until Mr. Maxwell enters her life. Rude, uncivilized, and terribly American, the man is suddenly everywhere.

For Seth, things get complicated from the moment he meets Everson's widow. Not only is she disarmingly beautiful, but the vulnerability in her eyes also calls to his protective side. If he fails to keep a straight head around the woman, though, he'll never secure the money he desperately needs.

On Ailia's part, Seth brings unwanted complications as well. Despite how hard she tries, she can't ignore that thing growing between them. Something powerful that she's never experienced before. But given how the proper gentleman she married treated her, she worries about what this brute could do to her.

The Widow and the Brute
(Coming eventually)

The Widow and the Brute(Coming eventually)