22. A Real-Life Superhero!

Start from the beginning

"It's okay. You are okay," Natasha spoke gently as she rocked her child in her arms back and forth.

It wasn't long until the sobs had quietened down and Amelia had completely exhausted herself to the point that she had fallen asleep.

"Looks like she has fallen asleep," Maria noted as she peered down at the girl who was in a deep slumber.

Natasha glanced down at her daughter who was completely out for the count in her arms. "Yeah, it looks that way. I think that I will go and lie her down in bed before I speak to Barton," she told the brunette woman. "I don't think that it would be such a good idea to have here there with me while we talk," she continued to further explain.

"That's a good idea, Natasha. Do you want some help?" Maria questioned as she looked at the redhead who was struggling to stand up while holding onto Amelia.

"Can you take her for a minute, please?" Natasha asked.

"Of course," Maria accepted and reached forward to pick up the child with ease while Natasha stood up, taking her daughter back in her arms. "Good luck talking to Barton. If you need me then you know where to find me," she waved off to the redhead who was already carrying her daughter out of the communication decks.

Making sure that her daughter was okay and still asleep, Natasha made her way to the infirmary where Clint was strapped to a hospital bed, still knocked out unconscious.

"He should be waking up soon," A fellow agent told her as she noticed Natasha's appearance in the doorway.

"Okay," Natasha spoke quietly and moved to take a seat opposite the hospital bed, she watched and waited for him to come around.

It doesn't take all too long before Clint is coming around, his breathing hard and shaking his head in aggression as he fought against the restraints wrapped around his wrists.

"Clint, you're gonna be alright," Natasha approached her best friend

"You know that?" Clint couldn't help but chuckle. "Is that what you know? I got no window. I have to flush him out," he told her as he still continued to fight against the restraints.

Natasha moved to pour him a cup of water, "You got to level out. It's gonna take time," she explained.

"You don't understand. Have you ever had someone take your brain and play?" Clint spoke aloud. "Pull you out and stuff something else in? Do you know what it's like to be unmade?" he continued to question.

Natasha paused briefly, his words stung. That was exactly what happened and he knew it.

"You know that I do," The redhead responded as she looked at him.

"Why am I back? How did you get him out?" Clint asked confused.

"Cognitive recalibration," Natasha moved back to sit down beside Clint and smirked. "I hit you really hard in the head. Actually, it was Millie's idea," she said, feeling proud of herself.

"Thanks," Clint mumbled.

Natasha smiled and began removing the restraints from around his wrists.

"Don't," Natasha put her hands up to stop him. "Don't do that to yourself, Clint. This is Loki. This is monsters and magic and nothing we were trained for," she told him.

"Loki. He get away?" Clint questioned.

"Yeah. I don't suppose you know where?" Natasha asked her best friend.

"Didn't need to know. Didn't ask," Clint denied as Natasha walked over to the door while he gets up from the bed. "He's gonna make his play soon though. Today," he adds as he drank his water.