14. Vacation Is Over Now, маленький

"Millie?" Natasha wondered out loud, wandering around the spacious apartment that had been home to the mother-daughter duo for almost a year. "Millie, where are you?" she called out.

It was unusually quiet considering there was a newly turned 9-year-old living in the apartment and wherever she was, there was pure chaos and destruction, toys littered all over the apartment, no matter how many times Natasha had to remind the child to tidy them up.

"Boo!" Amelia jumped out suddenly, armed with a blue nerf gun in hand as she shot the foam bullets at the older redhead. "Ha, mama. I got you!" she grinned proudly.

"Yes, you certainly did маленький," Natasha couldn't help but smile amused. "I knew it was too quiet and you were up to no good," she added.

"I was just playing with my gun, mama!" Amelia grinned as she moved to shoot another bullet at the older redhead.

Natasha was quick to catch the foam bullet in the mid-air before it landed in her face like previously. "Uh-huh. Trust your uncle Clint to buy you a toy for Christmas that annoys me, huh?" she questioned, leaning forward to hold her hand out for the nerf gun.

"Aw mama, that's no fair!" Amelia pouted as she begrudgingly handed the toy over to Natasha.

"It's time for dinner, you can play with it afterwards until it's time for bed," Natasha spoke, placing the gun out of the nine-year-old's reach.

"But mama!" Amelia whined in protest.

Natasha shook her head and looked at the nine-year-old firmly. "Don't whine, маленький. You know the rules, no guns at the dinner table," she stated as her phone started to vibrate in her pocket, she fished it out to see a familiar number ringing her. "Go wash your hands, детка while I take this call, please," she told the younger redhead.

"Okay mama," Amelia agreed as she walked away to the bathroom.

"Hill?" Natasha spoke into the phone.

"Romanoff, good to hear from you," Hill spoke from the other side of the phone call. "I thought you had gone off the grid," the redhead knew she was almost grinning on the other side of the phone.

"Almost," Natasha deadpanned. "I trust this isn't a friendly call for a general catch-up?" she questioned the woman.

"No, I'm afraid that it's not, Nat," Maria told her, her voice sounding her usual stern tone of voice.

Natasha let out a sigh and fell back onto the couch, one of Amelia's numerous toys digging into her back as she pulled out the action figure and tossed it onto the coffee table. "Maria, you know I'm still technically on my long-overdue vacation, right?" she questioned.

"Vacations over now, Nat. We need you to come in," Maria told the redhead.

"What about the other agents?" Natasha wondered.

Maria let out a laugh from the other side of the phone. "Nat, you and I both know that you're our best agent," she told her.

"Well, yes we both do know that's true," Natasha said as she smirked. "This mission had better be worth it," she stated.

"It'll be quick and easy, Nat. It's possible you'll even be back in time to put your kid to bed," Maria spoke.

"That simple, huh?" Natasha wondered out loud.