Chapter 2 - The car is stuck (Part 2)

Start from the beginning

“Where are you going?”

“Going to the mall to buy things. Sam forgot to buy something. I have to hurry so stop teasing me.” He clasped his hands and waived him like a child. Kleun let go of his collar, hold his head instead and went to the car together.

That action made him confused and didn’t know what to do. The big hand on his head made him stiffen. He don’t know if Kleun is trying to tease him like this. He tried to avoid talking to the other person as much as possible. But ironically, it doesn’t work the way he wanted to.

“Let’s go together. Forgot to buy something too.”

He said it bluntly then get in the car. Daonuea couldn’t argue with that either because he was in such a hurry. He could only open the car door and sit in the driver’s seat, fasten his seat belt to prepare to drive away, while Kleun sat in the next seat and turned on the air conditioner.

“if it’s hot, you can change places.”

“Aren’t you in a hurry? What are you looking at?”

“Oh… sorry.”

“Even if you are in a hurry, don’t drive fast.”

“No, my friends are waiting,” said the driver, before going backwards to get out of parking lot, driving at a low speed because he had not yet reached the main road. Kleun tapped his hands on his lap, this was his habit while in a car.

“Managing as much as dad.”

“Never stop arguing.”

“I won’t crash. This is Daonuea, you know?”

“It’s because it’s Daonuea,” said the man, who wore round glasses because he was too lazy to wear contact lenses, softly. Moments later, Nuea accelerated to overtake the car in front of them. At the same time, Kleun’s phone in his pocket vibrated.

The name displayed on the screen made him feel awkward and makes it difficult to answer the call. But it’s a call that can’t be not answered. It’s just not comfortable to talk to other people in this kind of situation where there are only two people in the car. Kleun sighed and picked up the phone.

“Yes, what is it?” The warm tone of the voice was immediately noticed by the person listening in the narrow car without wasting time guessing who the other end of the line was. A small smile appeared on the face of the hard-smiling person who answered the phone.

Only one person can make Khabkleun smile.

“Oh, Kleun tried.”

The car slowed down until it almost stopped. Daonuea held the steering wheel with both hands, wondering why Khabkleun called himself Kleun that way. But how strange it would be that people who have been together for many years are not calling each other sweetheart or baby. What would be more heartbreaking than this?

Daonuea swerves the steering wheel to turn into the mall, received a parking ticket from the security guard before turning around to find a parking space.

“Kleun went out shopping… Ah yes, with Daonuea.”

“…”