Prologue - Khab Kluen

/

/

จาก

คำกริยาออกไปให้พ้นจากที่ใดที่หนึ่ง.

เช่น "จากบ้านจากครอบครัว"

/

"I have something to say."

A faint smile appeared on the face of the man with a slightly crumpled piece of paper in his hand. His school uniform is filled with unsightly traces of multi-colored fountain pens. He looked at the owner of the natural brown hair, pursed his lips and stared deeply into his eyes as dark as the twilight sky.

Last night, he had put many words in his head, pondered many times in his mind, hoping that what he's about to do would turn out the most striking and memorable moment in his life, knowing in his heart that it would only be a faint dust stained in the memory of the other party.

"I..."

"..."

"I like you."

The listener did not show any expression on his face because he had always experienced confessions like this. His eyes were staring at the words written on the young man's school uniform. At their school, students write something on someone's uniform every semester break.

'Don't forget us, Nuea! Come back and visit sometime.'

'Who will let me copy homework now?'

'Take Care. Don't forget about me.'

'Who's going to be in charge of the cut-outs for us now?'

That is

"I know you have never met me before."

The words on his uniform are like saying goodbye.

"We've never spoken to each other, and you might not know anything about me."

"..."

"But I know everything about you."

Droplets of water that are too warm to be rain flowed over his cheeks, not even a sob escapes from his lips in front of the man about seven centimeters taller than him. Those hands that are too beautiful for a boy trembled while holding a piece of paper rolled into a cylinder.

"Thank you for making me smile everyday, something I never thought was possible. Thank you, Khabkluen."

He gave a tearful smile afterwards. The silence wrapped around them as the strong breeze of wind passed in between. As time passed, he knew he had to go.

Every confessions sounded unremarkable as it could easily be admitted and just be blown away by the wind. He wiped his tears with his sleeve before nodding, accepting the unheard reply, and turned around to walk back to the car who's waiting for the only son of the Wattana-Wattanachot family.

"Have a safe flight."

His beautiful, chestnut-shaped lips moved, saying that deep, cold, low tone of voice as if it was a message coming from a father. Those spoken words, his father, even his mother would speak in such a tone, and Khabkluen imitates it perfectly.

He, who heard those words after his unreplied confession, didn't say anything in return. He could only speed up his pace to sob as hard as he could.

Humans classify different types of waves(kluen). Independent waves are those that are generated by the action of winds or monsoons. Some waves have to conform to the gravitational force or the rotation system of the Earth, the Sun, and the Moon.

If, however, there is one kind of wave that gravity doesn't have the power to drag or break.

The longer the waves stretch, the less clearly we could see it, and before we knew it, it turned into something splashing towards the shore, leaving behind nothing but unsightly wreckage.

"Daonuea, why are you crying like that?"

"Uncle Ya, I want to go home."

In different kinds of people and waves...

This unnamed wave(kluen) caused by Khabkluen seemed to be splashing for too long...

It had always stirred in his mind...

...always and forever.