Chapter 20 - Fiery sister

Start from the beginning

"Yes I did. Why don't you take a seat?" Rudra said. I was disappointed but did as he told anyways.

"So, is it about subjugating Jura forest?" I asked once I sat down facing Rudra.

 To my surprise he shook his head no.

"What is it then?" I asked, confused since my prediction missed.

"How strong do you think the outer barrier that surrounds the capital is?" Rudra asked. I tilted my head slightly in confusion as I couldn't tell why he asked that.

"Pretty strong. But not as much as the one surrounding this castle. Why?" (Velgrynd)

"A teleportation magic was detected earlier near the barrier. However they found no trace of the one who activated that. It was quite unusual so Kondo seemed to have investigated himself and failed too." (Rudra)

"Kondo failed? Then it must be a mistake or an intruder with powerful skills." I said. I was quite surprised that Kondo failed. Even though he is weak in my standard, he was one of the strongest humans in the empire.

"Yes. That is why I called you. I want to know if there is someone who can go through our security completely unnoticed." Rudra said with a nod.

 Let's see. Who would be strong enough to do this? Guy and Velzard-nee can do that but there's no reason for them to sneak in. Primordial demons would have at least left some aura so they are not the one too. Then the only one left is...

"What if?..." I muttered quietly as I thought of a certain person. He must be perfectly capable of this, but he wasn't seen for last thousands of years.

 Rudra raised his eyebrows in question, but I just shook my head.

"Sorry, but I can't figure out who it is. There is someone who is capable of this, but that person haven't been seen by anyone for thousands of years so it isn't him either." (Velgrynd)

"I see. Then I'll tell Kondo to check again just in case." Rudra said.

 We talked for a couple of hours before I left his room and headed back to my room. When I arrived, I found the door slightly opened.

'That's weird. Is it the maids?' I thought as I pushed the door open.

 My eyes narrowed immediately upon seeing the intruder. It was a woman with an ear of a fox. She was sitting on the edge of the bed and immediately stood up when I entered the room.

"You are quite brave to intrude my room." I said as I pulled out my fan and wrapped it with my cardinal aura. However the intruder didn't waver at all and kept on looking at me as if she wasn't afraid at all.

"You are Velgrynd, the scorch dragon, right?" She said, not even trying to defend herself from my attack.

"Yes I am. Now think deeply about your foolishness of intruding my room by death." I said and fired {Burning breath} at her. A ray of heat came out from my hand and streaked toward her.

 She will be burned down into ashes by even getting slightly scratched by that ray. And she had just taken it directly which means there's no chance for her to survive.

 At least that was what should have happened. Instead of burning her totally, my attack dispersed about 10cm away from her.

"...What?!" I said in surprise as the cryptid, who should have been dead by now, was standing still with no injuries. I quickly regained my calm and was about launch another attack when I heard a familiar voice.

"I'm sorry that we broke in without saying anything but I would appreciate it if you'd stop attacking my daughter, Velgrynd-nee." (Rimuru)

 I stopped dead upon hearing the voice. The aura I wad emitting died away as I stared at her with my eyes wide open.