Chapter 4

Riley wasn’t paying close attention to Aidan before he introduced himself.  She was too busy memorizing her schedule and identifying where each of her classes were in her mental map of the school.  But when she realized that he was the werewolf in the forest, Riley immediately studied him.  He was tall, maybe six feet and two inches.  Werewolves were generally very tall.  Riley was five foot ten inches, but it seemed like her towered over her.  He had short, windblown hair and piercing blue eyes.  He was like a teenage Chris Pine, needless to say he was very attractive.  Large muscles stretched, bulged, and lined every inch of his body.  Arrogance oozed from every pore and hair follicle.  He was the kind of guy that girls threw themselves at.  The player.

    “Nice to meet you Aidan”  Riley said feigning warmth.  She couldn’t show fear or else it would indicate that something was wrong, and she didn’t want Aidan to think something was wrong.  If she could mask her scent all the time, nothing would change.  For all anyone knew, she is not and has never been a werewolf.  

    “That’s better,”  Aidan smiled and winked at her, “Here let me see your schedule.”  Riley handed him the pieces of paper in her hand, careful not to touch him.  She didn’t want to risk anything since werewolves had heightened senses.  

    “So why is everyone staring at me?”  Riley asked genuinely.  Everyone really was staring at her.  It was a little unsettling.  

    “Because you’re new.  And attractive.  All the guys are fantasizing after you and all the girls are jealous.  The usual.  I guess I’m lucky to have landed the job as your tour guide!  All the other guys would have killed for it.”  Aidan laughed as Riley looked at him through her lashes and rolled her eyes.  

    “Let them look then,”  Riley laughed.  She knew they would soon get over it.  She would become old news in about a week.  She continued on, “And kill.”  Riley winked a Aidan as she took back her schedule.  “I think I know my way around thanks!”  Riley said as she turned her back and walked away.  Aidan was stunned.  People never walked away from him.  He was rooted in his spot as he stared at Riley as she walked away.  This made him want her.  

    Riley laughed to herself as she walked away from Aidan.  She imagined the look on his face as she went to first period.  Probably stunned and staring at her ass as she walked away.  Her flirting doubled as an escape attempt, and it worked thankfully.  She breathed in a big sigh and found her way to her first class: English with Mrs. Hightower.  Riley did not get lost once.  She has a fantastic sense of direction that helped especially in times like these.

    As she walked into the door, Riley realized that she was the last person to arrive in class.  Everyone looked up and seemed eager to see something interesting from her.  She walked up to the teacher’s desk and introduced herself and asked if anything needed a syllabus.  The teacher was helpful and told her to introduce herself and to take the only empty seat right in the middle of the room.  

    “Class, we have a new student: Riley Harris.  So listen up as she introduces herself.”  Mrs. Hightower stepped out of view and signaled Riley to take the floor.

    “Hey, as Mrs. Hightower said, I’m Riley.  I just moved from North Carolina, and now I’m living with my aunt.  That’s kind of it so far!”  Riley always thought it was awkward when teacher made people introduce themselves in front of the class.  She never knew what to say.  She was happy that it was over and walked to her desk.

    Riley surveyed the sea of faces before she took her seat.  Aidan was in the back, pretty far away from her seat.  He winked at her as she met his stare.  Riley smirked back and turned away from him; no doubt making him squirm.  There were two pretty girls sitting to her sides.  They smiled warmly to welcome her.  The boy sitting in the seat behind her looked at her up and down, showing that he liked what he saw.  Riley returned their smiles and took her seat.  Immediately after she sat down, Riley felt a tap on her shoulder.  She turned around to be face to face to the horny guy behind her.