Chapter 5

Just a reminder:  I changed Duke's name to Aidan because I realized that Luke and Duke rhymed and that bothered me . . .  Haha sorry for the confusion!!  And if you are a new reader and you have no idea what I'm talking about, then just ignore this little note :)  Thanks for reading and comment please!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    Riley was the first to pull away from the kiss, though her wolf whined for her to continue.    Aidan’s hands continued to roam around her body.  “This can’t be happening.  Can’t be happening.”  Riley stated under her breath. 

    “What’s wrong Ri?”  Aidan looked legitimately concerned.  His eyes wandered over her face while pulling her closer as if wanting to comfort her. 

    “This is wrong.  You are wrong.  This whole situation is wrong!”  Riley growled, trying to keep her voice down so no one else could hear their conversation.

    “There’s nothing wrong about being mates.”  Aidan whispered in her ear as he trailed kisses along her jaw and her neck.

    “That’s just it.  There is something wrong.  You have no idea who I am and what I’ve been through.”  Riley looked away in shame as she thought of Luke. The thought of him made her shiver in disgust for him and herself.  Aidan noticed her shift in mood and pulled her closer.  Now there was absolutely no space between them, but Riley was still distant.

    “Mates have an inherent bond-- you know that.  Ri, though I know we don’t know each other, but I can tell you that we are meant to know each other.  I also know that you can feel our physical connection, because I definitely can.  Let me tell you, it’s taking all my self control to not go any further than just a kiss.”  Aidan assured her as he winked at Riley.  His hands continued to roam around her waist and thighs that left trails of electric currents on her skin.  Riley closed her eyes for a couple seconds as his movements wiped her worries away. 

    “I-I just can’t do this right now.  I have problems that I need to work out that don’t involve you.  They can’t involve you.  People will get hurt if I do . . .  Bye Aidan.”  Riley said, pulling away from her mate.  It took every ounce of self control to do it, but it was still like torture.  Pain flash in both Riley and Aidan’s faces as they both suffered.

    “Don’t go!  I can help you if you let me!”  Aidan called after her, but it was too late.  She was already out of the bathroom.  Riley practically ran to her next class, trying to run away from the attraction she felt for Aidan and the guilt she feels now.  Riley went through the rest of her day in a daze, and was relieved when the final bell rang.  She speed walked out to her car, but Mia and Kayla stopped her before she could escape.

    “Hey girl!  We’ve been looking for you!”  Mia  squealed excitedly as she laced her arm through Riley’s. 

    “Yeah!”  Kayla continued, “We wanted to invite you to a party tonight!”  Both girls seemed very excited at the idea of a party.

    “Anyone who is anyone is invited, and since you’ve stirred up some attention, you’re definitely on the guest list!”  Mia normally wasn’t hung up with popularity, but she seemed to change when it came to parties.  Just the idea of them changed her, but not necessarily in a bad way.  It made her more confident to know that she was invited, and thought this excitement could extend to Riley.

    Kayla agreed that it would be good for Riley.  “It will be perfect!”  She claimed.  “This way you will be able to meet new people since you’re new and all.”  Her logic was solid, and Riley did want to meet new people.  People other than Aidan. 

    “That sounds fun!  Count me in.  I really do need a distraction.”  Riley agreed.  With that answer, Mia and Kayla seemed to go into a frenzy talking about what they were going to wear and who was going to be there.  Riley made sure that they had her new cell phone number and said goodbye so she could finally go home.  With this party, maybe she could get Aidan out of her mind.  It gave her something new to obsess over.

    Riley finally reached the parking lot.  There was a large crowd of people in the back of the parking lot, and it wasn’t until a little later that Riley realized that they were surrounding her car.  All of the guys were practically drooling over her sleek sports car.  Riley regretted taking such a flashy car, but she couldn’t help it.  Riley squeezed through the crowd to reach her car. 

    “Sorry to disappoint guys, but I have to take the car home.”  Riley smirked and got into her car confidently.  She started the car and revved the engines to signal to the spectators to move out of the way.  They dispersed in all different directions as Riley pulled out of the parking lot and headed to her aunt’s house.

    “Riley, we have to talk”  Riley jumped in her seat but still managed to keep control of the car.  Aidan was in her backseat.

    “What the hell are you doing Aidan?!  Why are you in my car?”  Riley shouted.  She was losing control of her emotions and her wolf began to stir.  She had to regain command over herself or else she would shift. 

    “Like I said, we have to talk.  You don’t know how hard it is for me to be away from you!  Those last classes were torture knowing that you didn’t want me . . .  I know you may have certain problems, but I am going to help you through them whether you like it or not!  I will always be here for you Riley, and you have to know that.  Wait, before you say anything, let me talk.  You said that people could get hurt.  That means you are in danger, and I cannot fathom letting you get hurt.  I am going to protect you.  I have to protect you.  No matter what.  I love you Riley.  My whole being loves you.  We are mates.  Soul-mates.  And not even you can deny that.”  Aidan finally stopped.  Everything that he said pulled at Riley’s heart; her whole body ached for him.  She didn’t quite know what to say to him.

    “Aidan . . .”  Riley faltered.  “I can’t be responsible for you too!  I will not put you in harms way.”  She looked in her rear view mirror at Aidan, who was grinning ear to ear.

    “So you’re not denying that you love me too?”  Aidan observed happily.  It was like he wasn’t even listening to her.

    “Aidan!  Listen to me!  We don’t even know each other.  I’m not some simple bimbo girl that needs a guy to survive.  I can fight my own fight, and I don’t want you to get hurt because of me.”  Riley was pleading with him.  She couldn’t imagine what would happen to Aidan if Luke found her.  She didn’t need protecting.  Riley always took care of herself, and that wasn’t going to change because she found her mate.

    “We can get know each other though, Ri!   That’s the point, please just let me into your life.  That’s all that I want.”  His face was pleading, and Riley’s whole body ached for him.  The pain was unbearable.  Her body started to shake-- she was losing control.  Riley started to pull the car over next to the forest alongside the road.  There were no other cars in the area so it was perfect.  “What are you doing Riley?”

    She didn’t say anything, but continued to turn the car off and run into the forest leaving Aidan behind.  She started to pull off her cardigan and boots as she ran, and she didn’t care that her clothes were getting thrown everywhere.  Aidan stayed in the car all of two seconds before he threw the car door open and ran after her.

    Riley soon lost total control of her body and her body exploded.  Her spine curved, her nose elongated, and fur burst from her skin.  She gave into her wolf as the change continued.  Once the transformation was complete, she ran lightning fast into the darkening forest.  She did what she always did:  Riley ran away from her problems.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry this is kind of short guys!  I wanted to update and this just seemed like a good stoping point.  Thank you so much for reading (especially dandypop305 and fantasylady because you guys are awesome)  it really means a lot to me!  Please keep commenting and voting :)