chapter eight

A warm, wet tongue licks my cheek gently, and my eyes open. A large purple wolf was sitting next to me, her eyes a golden brown. Her coat was so beautiful. As soon as I looked into her eyes, I felt something spark inside my heart.

"Hello, Miss," a female voice speaks softly in my head. "I am Magenta. You and I are now linked through something called a soul connection. You are able to understand what I am thinking. Only you and I will be able to communicate with each other. I hope we can be friends." The wolf, Magenta, nudged my hand with her wet nose, and I giggle, patting her on the head softly.

"Oh, thank Lucifer you're okay!" A chirpy voice says. I sit up slowly, and gasp.
It was the Princess of Hell, Charlie Morningstar. Her blonde hair, her red cheeks, her red eyes with a creamy back ground. And her clothing. I knew it was her. I saw her on the news talking about a hotel where sinners can be redeemed. She was so happy, and then the news reporters started laughing at the idea. 
And then, she started singing. 

"I'm fine, Your Majesty," I say, bowing my head in respect. She chuckles softly.
"You don't need to do that," Charlie says, sitting beside me on the couch I was lying on. I look around and notice that I wasn't in the nightclub anymore. The room was huge, with high ceilings and columns holding up balconies above us. A huge staircase led up to multiple rooms above us. 
"Just call me Charlie."

"I'm Vaggie," a girl with a cross over her left eye and a huge pink bow says, walking over with a first aid kit. She places it on the floor and steps back, patting Magenta softly. "Charlie's girlfriend."
"The demon that brought me here," I say, looking around. "Where did he go? He was a deer. He wore red. He--" The doors to the building open wide, and I heard an all too familiar voice.

"Where's Violetta?" I look, and my whole body just freezes. It was Jonathan. He was sweating. Did he run from the club to here, to find me? He saw me and ran over, kneeling down in front of me and holding my hand.
"John?" I whisper, tears rolling down my face. "Is that really you? How are you here?" He sighs, kissing the back of my hand softly.

"Valentino told me," he said, wiping a stray tear away. "about what happened. I thought he was lying, but when I saw you, I knew it was you. Your face, your voice. I could tell... that my Violetta was here. That she didn't leave me. When you died, Sally laughed and said, 'good riddance'. I killed her. I was furious. I would never wish for you to be dead, but she did. She plotted your death. She knew we were to get married when you got back from war, and she knew I'd be home alone. So every day, she'd come over and spent time with me. One night, that same night that you found us, she seduced me. She was the one that wanted to sleep with me. I didn't. I only have feelings for you. Please... can you ever forgive me?" 
Tears sting my eyes as I listen to him. 

"He speaks the truth," Magenta says, and I look at her. She nods her head. "He's not lying to you." 
I look at John, and grab his face between my hands, kissing him. He kisses me back, holding me. 
"I love you," I whisper, smiling small. "So damn much. I'm sorry for what happened. I'll never leave you again." 
John scoops me up, and I wrap my arms around his neck. I just realised - he's a hound. And a damn strong and sexy one at that. His fur was a mix between grey, white and black. His eyes were a golden colour. He wore a black leather studded vest that was opened to reveal a black tshirt and a pair of black skinny jeans. He wore no shoes. His tail was so fluffy, I could fall asleep in it. 
"Let's go to a room, shall we?" he said, whispering in my ear. "My cherry cheesecake." I giggle like a ten year old girl. He still remembers my nickname he gave me.
"Yes," I reply, kissing his cheek. "Let's, my love." 

The Princess and Vaggie take John, Magenta and I up to a room and open the door. Inside was a large queen bed with red sheets and a black doona and four red pillows. In the corner of the room was a large pet bed for Magenta. A large wooden double door wardrobe sat in the other corner.

John lay me down on the bed, thanking the princess and Vaggie as they left. Magenta walks over to the pet bed, falling asleep straight away. She must have been so tired. 

"My love," John says, laying beside me and pulling the covers over us. "That gold tooth. I can take it out. And I may have also grabbed this from Valentino when he wasn't looking." He held up the contract I signed, and I gasp, sitting up.
"How?" I exclaim, holding it. "How did you get it off him?" John chuckles, taking the contract and ripping it apart. 
"Never mind that," he replies, throwing the ripped paper away. He kisses me softly. I return the kiss. "Would you like me to remove the tooth? I kept one of your original canines." I nod, smiling small as a tear rolls down my cheek.

"Yes, please," I reply. He takes the tooth out of his vest pocket, and holds my mouth open, grasping the gold tooth with two of his claws.
"You ready?" He asks. I nod. "It'll only hurt for a moment." He pulls, hard. I cry out in pain as I felt the tooth rip from my gums. Before it started bleeding, John put the original canine back in its rightful place. I sigh, the blood disappearing. 

"Thank you," I say, smiling. John kisses me deeply. I return the kiss just as deep. 

He lays over me, our lips not parting for a second. 
"My love," I say, breathing heavily. He looks at me. "Please... make love to me. I've missed your touch so much. You can hurt me, tie me up, use toys. I don't care. I enjoy experiencing pleasure through pain." 

He smiles small.

"Very well... my cherry cheesecake."