"You two ready to celebrate?" I asked "you mean you guys getting drunk and high?" Lexi asked, making me roll my eyes.

"Actually I'm staying sober tonight, I need a small break from smoking before I get out of hand" I said "well that's great" Kat said as Cassie walked up to me.

"Hey can you help me with something?" "Sure" I said, getting up from the couch and going into the kitchen with Cassie, the birthday cake sitting on the island.

"Can you bring the cake out with me? You're just as close to Maddy as I am" the blond said, surprising me.

"Yeah I don't mind" "mhm, and uh, can I ask you something? I know you're good with keeping stuff secret so I just need your opinion on something" Cassie started off.

"Basically how would you react if your best friend got with your ex who you broke up with but later on got back together"

'Oddly specific, aren't we'

"Well id obviously be upset, like why behind my back?" I said, Cassie seeming to shrink down, as if my answer hit her in some way.

"Alright ladies let's get ready for cake" we heard Suze say from the dining room.

"Well anyways let's light these candles and bring out this cake" I said, Cassie complying and lighting the candles before we both had a hand on the cake, carrying it out as everyone sang happy birthday.

"Happy birthday bae" I said after sitting the cake down and Maddy had blown the candles out.

Now we were opening presents and Maddy was opening mine and Cassie's at the same time.

"No fucking way, the naked wolf boots?" She asked, looking at me in surprise "well you were always talking about them, might as well get it for you" I said, Maddy rolling her eyes before reading the card I also gave her.

Now there was a slight emotional moment for me and Maddy, but obviously we couldn't cry to much or our makeup would start to mess up.

Now after opening gifts, Suze had started up the music, letting everyone drink, being sure to hand me a soda, before dancing.

Cassie had been acting weird, asking if Nate was still coming over, all of our answers the same confirmation.

"Lexi you think there's something going on between Nate an-" "Cassie? Yeah I kind of caught on after seeing a few of their texts" Lexi answered, surprising me a bit.

"Oh wow, well no offense but when Maddy finds out, Cassie's gonna get her ass whooped" I said, Lexi shrugging "I hate to say it but maybe she deserves it"

As me and Lexi kept talking, eventually sharing a bag of chips, Nate had showed up.

Turns out Nate had gotten Maddy a necklace as a gift, I mean it was extremely pretty, but I still hated Nate at the end of the day.

For a bit things had just calmed down till Cassie walked out in a pink swimsuit, all of us just standing there for a second.

"Well...that's something" I spoke, seeing a text from Fez saying some corny shit, basically him telling me that he wished we were hanging out right now.

"Aww how sweet, he misses you" Kat joked "you know besides what he did on New Years, Fezco treats you so well" BB stated before taking a sip of her drink.

"Yeah I know" I smiled, my nails lightly running against the chain my boyfriend had given me.

As we all talked, again Cassie was having a "moment" obviously drunk, making me get up, going to the fridge to grab a water for the girl, feeling bad for her.

"Hey uh Cas, I think you might need to sit down, I grabbed some water for you" I said softly "n-no I'm fine" she slurred, untangling herself from the balloons before walking away.

"Just let her be, anyways get changed, we're getting into the pool" Maddy said, tossing me a black swimsuit to get changed into.

The swimsuit was just a simple two piece, but the straps were gold chains, the swimsuit pretty cute in my opinion.

"Hey Lexi are you gonna join?" "Oh no, but you guys have fun" she said and I had nodded, walking out to the hot tub with everyone, avoiding eye contact with Nate, the both of us avoiding each other since New Years.

Once Cassie decided to get into the tub with us, Maddy and Nate started to argue.

"See this is the shit I'm talking about, you'll act like a cunt but then start saying "I'm sorry Maddy I'll change, I'll grow, I'll be better, I don't deserve you, but I love you"

As Maddy mocked Nate, all of us just keeping quiet, Cassie had thrown up in the tub.

"Oh hell no" we had all gotten out of the pool, the other girls screaming as Cassie just kept throwing up while crying and saying sorry, Suze coming out to help her.

"What the hell just happened?" Lexi asked me as I came back inside "I honestly don't even know" I spoke, walking off to grab a towel, Lexi letting me borrow some shorts and a top from her to change into.

꧁꧂
𝐈𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐲𝐚𝐥𝐥
𝐖𝗼𝐫𝐝 𝐜𝗼𝐮𝐧𝐭: 1220