Chapter 3: dodging cancel culture 101

(A/N please comment and vote. Tell me some things you want to see)

On the day of my jackbox stream I took pictures of myself in a Ranboo mask and posted it. I like to post things like that so fans know who will be in my videos. I texted everyone involved on the stream and set it up. While I waited I reluctantly checked the comments.

Thank God she is covering her face.

Oh look, using ranboo for clout now.

Ugly bitch. No one cares. Kill yourself.

I felt tears prick in my eyes as I tried to calm down. I should be used to this, I know some fans are mean and cruel. I heard my phone ring and saw that it was Quackity. I dried my eyes and took a deep breath before answering.

"Hey," I said a bit shaky.

"Hey. So like can I go borderline cancel me, full cancel me, or like hide my personality?" He asked shuffling around his room.

"Borderline to full cancel," I said quietly.

"Hold on, what's up hermosa?" He said his eyes focusing on the camera.

"Nothing, what do you mean?" I lied and put on a fake smile.

"I can tell when your off," he said to me softly.

"Nothings wrong. I just didn't sleep great last night, I was editing and all that," I said with a fake smile.

"I'll let you go for know, but whenever your ready to talk let me know, hermosa."

"Alright. Be on in an hour," I told him before hanging up.

I did my make up and hair and put on some of my merch before sitting in front of my computer. I started the stream and within five minutes Ranboo, Tommy, Tubbo, Quackity, Aimsey, Dream, Technoblade, and Wilbur joined.

"Welcome everyone, and yes. This is new merch. Shop at SolumnGauntlet.com. First hundred customers get fifty percent off!" I said excitedly.

"Yeahh! Shop Solumn merch! It's fire!" Technoblade yelled in the background making me smile.

"Yeah shop my sisters merch!" Tommy screamed.

"Okay now that I have the self promo done, everyone join. We are playing survive the internet!" I said with a fake a smile, not feeling the stream today.

The first one was a place. I had where Ranboo had said Dreamy, so I naturally added tubbo's eyes. I smirked as we read the answers. Quackity turned me saying dark and scary into Dream's sex dungeon.

"Stream with Quackity, my platonic boyfriend, here, nothing is kid friendly!" I said cracking up as dream wheezed in the background.

Obviously Quackity one that round, but I got second. ranboo fell at last.

"Damn ranboo, I invite you to my stream and you suck," I said making us both start to laugh.

Most of my chat found it funny, but some took it the wrong way.

"Chill out, Ranboo thinks I'm funny," I said dismissively.

"I wouldn't say funny, I would more say tolerable," he said monotone.

"Hey, that's more then I get!" Aimsey yelled making me smile.

The next round was the news article round. I got Aimsey who said Lies! All lies! So naturally I had to mess with dream. I put all of dreams speedruns have been legitimate.

As we read them out everyone, but dream found mine funny. He was pretending to be offended and my chat took it personally. They called me bitch and said I should just leave, not like I was adding anything anyways.

Ranboo won the round by turning Tubbo's truly an annoying story. To Dream opens up about his mommy issues. Of course when he makes fun of Dream everyone finds it funny, but it's different for me.

The next few rounds I autofilled or barely tried. I faked laughed with everyone and my chat calmed down. It's been so much worse for me since I'm a women than it is for any of the guys. We played jackbox for the next hour till everyone started gradually leaving.

"Alright guys, that's all for today! Please spam my comments with nice words!" I said doing everything in my power not to lose it.

I knew me and Tommy shouldn't have said we were related. Now everyone assumes I don't deserve my fame. My "fans" are being brutal and it's worse then usual.

Once I ended the stream I texted Ranboo and thank you for being on and I hoped to work together again. He texted me back same with a smiley face. Tommy walked in my room and handed me a printed off paper. It was my plane ticket to go to Mexico with quackity this weekend. We were doing a big lore stream so we agreed to meet up then.

"You okay?" Tommy asked me,"you kind of fell off in the stream."

"I'm okay. Just tired. I need to pack," I said and ushered him from the room.

I shut the door and locked it before hiding in my closet to cry. I love my friends and playing with them, but the fame and people eat me alive. It's hard to enjoy my life when I constantly have to deal with cruel people.

I cried myself to sleep in my closet. I heard my phone ring a few times, and a knock on my door but I couldn't bring myself to face anybody. I looked a mess and sounded a mess, and I couldn't deal with anything else today. And I sure as hell couldn't fake it anymore today. I can't wait to get to Quackity's, cause I need break from here.