19

Hannibal was watching the screen as Anna slept. He was wanting to check on her before he goes to sleep as well. Seeing she was sleeping well and comfortably. He nodded once and headed to bed as well. 

He must've been asleep for about four hours till he heard screaming. He shot awake and ran to Anna's room. She was sitting up in her bed holding her ears, cowering in her bed. Whimpering in fear. Looking in the corner.

___

Anna woke up in her bed, looking over in the room. She gasped and shot up, letting out a scream.

Her mother, the three children, and Matt's crooked body. They were screaming her name. She covered her ears. 

"Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut Up! You're not real! I'm not crazy!" She shouted. "Leve me alone!" She shouted at them. She screamed and struggled as they attacked her. Yelling her name.

"Anna! It's me! Hannibal!" He shouted. She was looking around, but not seeing him. But seeing the dark antlered male that raped her in a nightmare with her mother in it. He was there with the others as she was. 

She just screamed and struggled. 

But then another scream of her name and the shaking of her body that got her out of it. She panted as she looked around. No longer seeing the beings from her nightmares. She looked at Hannibal with tears in her eyes for a moment, before hugging him as she started sobbing.

He held her close, letting her sob on him. Holding him for comfort. She was shaking like a leaf. He rubbed her back. 

She gripped his shirt so tightly her fists were white, and his shirt would be wrinkled from her grip. When her sobs and shakes settled down, he pulled her away for a moment to look at her. He looked at her, moving her hair away from her face to look at her in the eye.

He took the things off her head. He helped her up and took her to the kitchen to sit and he started to make her relax. Anna looked down at the ground. 

"You're going to have me sent away, aren't you?" Anna asked, as he brewed that same mushroom tea, he gave her before. "I really am crazy. Aren't I?" She continued to ask. He looked over at her. "I don't want to send you away." He told her.

He had the scanning stickers still with him. He walked over to her with the tea. "Anna. This is the same tea I gave you before. I am having your brain be scanned again as the tea takes effect. It will affect you the same way. I want to talk to you about your nightmares." He told her.

She looked at him and then to the tea. She nodded and allowed him to put the things on her head again before she started drinking the weird tasting tea. "It's gross." She told him and closed her eyes. She was so worn out. 

She was going to tell him about everything.

____

Anna's head lulled as the tea took its effect on her. She looked at her hand as she told him of the nightmares. How she saw Matt the night he died. Seeing her mother multiple times. The assault she dreamt up. Everything.

"But I was awake threw them... So, it wasn't a dream... But it was a dream." She told him. He just listened as he recorded everything she spoke about. 

"Let's get you to bed." He led her to her bedroom and tucked her in. "You should be able to sleep without any dreaming." He told her as he made sure she was safely in her bed. She just looked around, trying to sit up, but he was easily and gently able to have her back down.

He stayed there till he was sure that she was asleep. He couldn't leave her, so he sat down in the hammock. Just staying there, sleeping there for her protection.