14

Anna was sitting upstairs with Alex as she was getting ready for her Welcome Home Bash. Rachel had people come over to help get the women ready for the party. Anna looked over at Rachel who was watching them. 

Anna wandered what was in the woman's head. 

Once Anna's hair and make-up was done, Rachel helped fix Anna's dress and got heels for her. Anna looked at herself. She looked more like an adult then the teen she was. But she looked great in her own opinion.

The dress was a dark navy blue that was off the shoulders. It had a jacket like front with its buttons. It was partly mid-thigh high on one side and past her knee on the other. It was strange but beautiful.

Her heels that Rachel got her for the party were black and casual. But she didn't know how long she would be able to keep them on.

 But she didn't know how long she would be able to keep them on

She bit her lip nervously. She doubted hardly anyone came to the party anyway. Not in this town. She didn't have friends. People thought she was a killer after that tv host. And thought she was crazy.

"People are here. So, let's get you out there." Rachel said looking at her phone, at a text from Steven. Anna took a deep breath before nodding to herself and followed Rachel and Alex down to the party. Anna froze seeing all the people there... for her?

People who she worked with at photoshoots, Matt, Dr. Lector, Will Graham, and some family members. This was more then she even expected to be here. Tears filled her eyes as she looked around at everyone who was here for her.

She walked down the rest of the steps to everyone. 

Her family came over to hug and greet her. She hasn't seen them in a while since they live in another state.  They would come to visit her at the hospital though. She looked over and smiled softly seeing Matt. He also smiled at her as he walked over to her. She walked to him as well.

The two hugged. "I told you that I'd be there for you always." He told her. She smiled at him. He put a hand on her cheek. It reminded her of the time on the beach before they started making out. "Anna." A voice interrupted.

She turned to see Dr. Lector beside the two teens. She smiled and introduced the two males. Matt looked uncomfortable around Hannibal. Anna didn't know why but she could see it. 

__

Hannibal was talking to Steven about Anna's progress. But when he looked up and saw Anna  on the stairs looking at everyone in surprise. He couldn't help the soft smile from coming to his face seeing her looking beautiful.

He saw tears filling her eyes seeing how many people cared about her.

He waited his turn to speak to her as her family went to her. Then he saw her smile at a boy. The two end up together and hug. Hannibal excused himself as he felt rage filling his being seeing the way they interacted.

He said her name and she finally looked at him. She introduced the boy as Matt. So, this is the Matt that she told him about. The one that she made out with and who asked to sleep with her. Tried to take Anna's virginity on a beach drunk.

Hannibal did NOT like this kid. 

Not at all. He may have to deal with this kid for trying to ruin the innocence of Anna. 

But tonight, he will play night. He just hoped Anna didn't regrow feelings for the kid.

___

Anna walked outside for some fresh air. She was still wrapping her head around the fact that more people than she realized, actually cared about her. "Are you alright Anna?" A voice asked. She turned to face her doctor.

She nodded. "Yeah. I'm ok. Just a lot to wrap my head around." She told him shrugging. Hannibal nodded and went beside her. He looked down at her. "Tell me." He said, wanting her to explain more. She shrugged once more. "I never knew that so many people cared about me." She told him honestly.

"You are a special girl Anna. You are loved." He told her. If only she knew how loved she was... mainly by himself. While he knew it was wrong to feel that for her, he couldn't deny it. He has done so much for her. And she awakened something in him.

She blushed and looked down. 

"Thank you Dr. Lector." She said. "When we aren't in a appointment, I'd like you to call me Hannibal. We are friends." He told her, putting a hand on her bare shoulder. He liked touching her soft warm skin. Even if it's a innocent touch, he wanted to touch more of her skin.

"Anna? Hannibal?" It was Rachel, interrupting the two. The two looked at the blonde woman. "It's time to eat." She told the two. Anna nodded. "Ok thank you." Anna said walking over to the woman. 

Hannibal looked at Rachel who looked back at him with a questioning look. Hannibal shook his head once and went inside with the two.

___

Hannibal watched Anna as she spoke with people. He turned and saw Matt looking at Anna. He looked at her like a love struck man. Hannibal's grip on his wine glass in anger for a moment. "Hannibal? What's wrong?" Rachel asked seeing him looking at Matt.

"I don't like that kid." He told Rachel. "He tried to force her into sleeping with him the night her mother died." He explained. "What? She never told anyone that. But she really likes him." Rachel said, surprised. "They talked things out, and she forgave him."

Rachel nodded. "Then why do you not like him?" She asked. "If they talked things out, and she forgave him, then why do you.... Oh.. Hannibal.." Rachel looked up to see Hannibal looking ashamed for the first time.

Hannibal hardly ever showed emotions. 

She realized Hannibal liked Anna. 

He gave Rachel a glare. "Not a word. or I spill. You can't keep this life with out me." He told her. She tensed and nodded. "Never." She agreed. He nodded and walked away to get another glass of wine. But now could hear the conversations between Matt and Anna.

"Well, I can come get you at your dock after work. Then we can see the movie." Matt told her. She smiled and nodded. "I'd like that. I haven't been to the theaters in a while." She said, sounding eager. "Then it's a date." He said, making her blush, and nod.

"A date." She agreed. Sealing Matt's fate.