Chapter 5- Promise me

Start from the beginning

He raises one eyebrow at me in question. "Cute stuff?... What kind of drugs was he on?"

"Oh, come on. He is your best friend. Of course, he has something nice to say about you. You could be the biggest asshole and I can guarantee, there would still be one person out there who would like you for who you are."

"How interesting. I am utterly impressed by your theory of love. Your way of expressing yourself goes far beyond my imagination." He replies, putting on a British accent.

"Oh, fuck you. I can indeed impress myself very well... I am currently writing a book."

"Ahh. What kind of book?"

With a big smile on my face, I lift my index finger mysteriously to my lips, and then a little laugh slips from my lips as another rush of adrenaline runs through my blood, and the alcohol works on my body.

I look back at Kaden and see that for the first time since I started to distract him, his gaze travels to his watch again, with a stoic expression on his face while he rubs his finger along his jaw.

"You know what? We are gonna get to know each other now." I say, shoving him out of his thoughts.

"Huh? We know each other. I don't remember the last time I talked with someone for so long."

"We don't know each other... but we will. We probably won't even see each other ever again besides maybe one party but who gives a shit? Isn't it great to find out more about others? It's like puzzles." I say, even though he gives me an annoyed look.

I am gonna pretend I saw the corner of his lips twitching at my enthusiasm.

"Can I have a cigarette?" I ask, holding out my hand.

"Ah, now you're asking." He mocks me as he pulls the pack out.

"See, you already taught me manners. We are amazing for each other."

When I want to grab one of the cigarettes he already lifts one to my lips.

"Open your mouth."

"Oh fuck off," I say, knowing what he is thinking because of the grin he flashes me.

I still do as he says and he puts it between my lips. The next thing I know is him lightening on my cigarette and feeling the smoke entering my lungs.

"You smoking lung?" He states after taking another gulp of his gin.

"Yeah, why are you surprised?"

"Because most party-smokers don't." he shrugs.

"Well, I do and now don't distract me... we have to get to know each other."

"First of all, I didn't distract you... I just asked a question and I got an answer so I know you better. I am getting to know you. And second of all why are you so obsessed with wanting to know me? You need more information for your wet dreams and fake scenarios?"

I don't need information for that, I have my imagination and I can probably make you a hundred times hotter in my head than the truth could.

"You wish." I huff out.

"Can I please have your phone for a moment? I didn't bring mine with me."

His expression turns from suspicion into concern as he pulls it out.

"You shouldn't go anyway without a phone. Especially when you are alone and at night."

"I am not alone. You are here."

"I could be a serial killer."

"I don't have more to lose than my life," I say casually and then take his phone that is already unlocked for me.