⚘᠂ 𝗘𝗣𝗜𝗟𝗢𝗚𝗨𝗘

Start from the beginning

Her voice, which would usually make me roll my eyes and laugh, now just really pissed me off. Her snarky tone scalped an anger in me and all I could focus on was how much of a shitty friend she really was.

After I had said nothing, her face moulded into an expression of confusion and she opened her mouth to say something else but was stopped by Jules hopping up behind her.

"Thought I'd have to file a missing person report for a second there." Spoke Jules, who now stood next to Natalie. "Want us to help you pack?"

I breathed in and controlled myself before turning around and leaned against the sink. "I'll do it later." I replied, folding my arms while shrugging my right shoulder.

"There's a ton of stuff left to pack. Let's finish it now and then later tonight we can go out for drinks." Jules continued with a little glee strung in her voice.

"Oh I like that idea." Natalie grinned at Jules and then turned her head back to me. "What do you say? Wanna' get fucked up?" She winked at me and both of them looked at me like they had just completely forgotten what had happened over these last few days. I couldn't help but stare at them disgustedly. They really were just terrible, terrible friends.

"No. I don't." I was blunt. Too blunt. Blunt enough for them to notice that something was actually wrong.

"What's up with you?" Natalie laughed but it felt incredibly insulting and ill-timed.

I just looked at her, my teeth now clamping shut inside of my closed mouth.

"What?" She looked at me, confused, shaking her head like she was clueless. Well, she kinda was.

I swallowed my tongue and the bitten blood that I drew from it and breathed in to escape my itch of calling her a 'bitch'. "Nothing." I said heavily as I turned away from both of them and back to the mirror where I just started to collect random things that belonged to me, from the side of the sink and dropped them into the cardboard, moving box that was currently on the floor. It was about a quarter full of my stuff from when I first started packing up my things all that time ago. God, it felt like forever ago.

"What's that?" Jules said, questioningly from behind me. I didn't glance over my shoulder or pay any attention to what she was gaping at.

I then heard muttering to each other, both of them sounded like they were reading something and after that they were quiet before nervously laughing, it was confused laughs - a 'what the fuck?' laugh.

"Did Ellie write that?" Hearing her name instantly made my head shoot up. "Oh my god, no way." Natalie's disbelief rung through my ears and I started to feel like a stick of dynamite that had just been ignited. "I have to get a picture of this, Tyler is gonna freak." She continued on as I heard the snapping of her phone. The flame was travelling fast, I started to feel a burn in my curling fingertips. I wrote it.

Both of them started to giggle at I assume, the picture Natalie had took.

Natalie cleared her throat and started to speak in a spiteful, cheery tone as I listened to her read out the caption of the picture. "What happens when the local lesbo' gets rejected. Hide your mirrors ya'll, there's a crazy dyke on the run." I could hear the smirk on her face just as the flame corroded into the gunpowder.

"What did you just say?" My voice was deep, hollow. My pupils pierced into the mirror at an amused Natalie and the white in my eyes began to stain red. Feeling my blood thinning and start to boil, I turned around.

"What?" She laughed again, this time confused by my reaction.

"What the fuck, did you just say?" I said it louder, if she really didn't hear me the first time then this time she definitely did.