The ball felt like a darkly glamourous Death Eater convention, no matter what it was called.

"Josette is coming, no?" asked Avery, taking a sip of blood red liquid that was either wine or cranberry juice, Severus couldn't decide.

"I think so. It's taken care off." Lucius answered.

"What?" Severus asked confused but Lucius didn't reply. Lucius too was growing on their friendship. First he did that because of his task but now he really enjoys his company though he would never admit to it.

What will his parents think?? Their son's best friend is a half-blood! All this pureblood Supremacy comes down from their parents and to them from their parents. Some are brave enough to act against it like Sirius, some on the other hand, don't.

And now Lucius is having second thoughts about becoming a death eater. Not because of him but for Narcissa. At their last meeting when he snapped at Dolohov for bringing up Narcissa's name and then Dark Lord showing interest in her to become a death eater too was making him worried.

He may look cold hearted and harsh from outside but he really loves that girl and would do anything to protect her. And Severus thought him he can be friends with halfbloods too, they are just same, blood doesn't matter. But he wouldn't dare befriend a muggleborn, at least not now.

"Let's hope she's wearing something good." Avery grumbled, leaning back against the drink table. "Those Hogwarts uniforms are getting a little too prude for me."

Severus just stared at the boy. "You don't have to talk about her like that." warned Severus, knowing he was treading on thin ice here.

Avery raised a singular eyebrow, setting down his drink with a loud clink. "Just a joke, Snape." he said, crossing his arms as he turned to fully face Severus. The tension between them always stayed constant as a result of all these years when Severus hexed him or talked back at him to support Josette and Lily. Avery still hated the idea of bringing him into the group but have to do it as their Lord wishes.

~☆~

Josette tried to hide her grimly satisfied expression as she walked into the black, elegant ballroom. Several whispers and odd glances shot her way as they viewed her dress, but she didn't care. It was just a color, and it was their fault they were all being so damn sensitive to it. She stood out from the dull and dark crowd as a bright red sun.

Josette kept a wide smile plastered on her face as everyone stood shocked seeing her. Her eyes scanned the room for her friend but met with Severus's. What the hell is he doing here??

Josette wants to go and talk with him but he us standing with the Slytherin gang. A smirked formed itself on her lips, seeing the boys reaction. She looked at Regulus who was holding back a laugh, admiring her bravery.

Having no other choice she walked towards Severus but quickly pulled him away from his hand before anyone would say anything and lead to another corner.

"What the fuck are you doing here?"
"What the fuck are you wearing?"
Both shouted together.

"Severus, you can't be here." She said in a clam tone.

"Why?"

"Because it's not just a ball it's a death eaters meeting." She whispered yelled.

Severus mouth dropped after hearing that "What??"

"Yes."

"But I can't leave now. I told Lucius I will be here." He mumbled.

"Since when did you start caring about him?? Oh right, when you chose him over me!!" Josette rolled her eyes.