Chapter 7

Chapter 37 : Behold the flower through red clouds, A heart filled with pity (II)

City Lord Hua's Dice Shaking Lessons

"Dice shaking...lessons?" Yin Yu, against his better judgement, shouted in shock with his jaw open before looking at his boss in disbelief. "Hua-chengzhu, what happened to you?! Why did you suddenly decide to host a class and for dice shaking as well? Don't you know how many paperwork are waiting for you! You don't have the time to do that!"

"I know." Hua Cheng said with a stern voice although his eyes gleamed in amusement. Hearing the voice, Yin Yu immediately coughed and took a deep breath before thinking rationally and thanking his boss that he didn't use his real name. He didn't want anyone to know him in this room.

"Apologies." he apologized. "I was just...shock."

"It's alright." bless the crown prince his boss was in love with because Yin Yu knew he wouldn't be scolded for his outburst. Really, why can't the two marry so that he wouldn't have to suffer from his boss? Well, at least Hua-chengzhu was better compared to the other officials in heaven.

There was a narrow parting in the gauzy, red curtains. From where Xie Lian stood, he could see the person behind the screens through the gap, while his body blocked this sight from all the other ghosts in the hall. Not that they would be bold enough to sneak any peeks.

The left eye gazed fixedly at Xie Lian, and Xie Lian stared back, somewhat fascinated.

The Hua Cheng before him not only seemed to be a few years older, he was also quite a bit taller. Previously, Xie Lian could still look him in the eye, but now he had to tilt his head to look up at the man.

"How tall are you, San Lang?" Xie Lian curiously asked. 

"190cm." Hua Cheng easily answered which made Xie Lian gawk at him in surprise.

"How tall." Xie Lian said before pouting a little. "I'm only 178cm."

"It's alright, gege." Hua Cheng easily said. "You'll grow taller soon."

'I don't want you to grow taller, though.' he internally thought. 'You're cuter with that height.'

"I hope so, San Lang." Xie Lian said with a hopeless smile, knowing that he would never grow any taller because it's been years and that San Lang was only cheering him up. 

Feng Xin and Mu Qing really wanted to kill the ghost who kept flirting with their (extremely) oblivious ex-boss (friend).

After staring at each other for good, long while, Hua Cheng finally broke the silence.

"Do you want to bet on the biggest outcome, or the smallest?" he asked quietly.

His voice was deep and mellow, and Xie Lian finally came to himself. Since it was all the same whether he bet on biggest or the smallest, he opted for the former. "The biggest."

Hua Cheng said, "Alright. I'll go first."

Xie Lian's left hand was supporting the base of the black, wooden dice cup, while his right hand rested on the rounded top. Hua Cheng stood before him, his right hand covering Xie Lian's left hand. He guided Xie Lian's hand to give the cup a gentle shake, before lifting the cover. On the bottom of the plate, the two dice revealed a six and a five.

"How dare you hold his highness' hands!" Feng Xin exploded with a glare to the ghost who only looked at him with a sly smile. 

"He's just teaching me, though?" Xie Lian innocently said.