Chpt 4: Hawkins Lab

Start from the beginning

I could tell he was rolling his eyes through the phone. "Fine... I'll be there in 20" he said hanging up the phone. I slammed the phone down in annoyance.

I gathered up all my dads files and put them back in his closet. Except the one about Hawkins lab... I had plans for this file.

When Steve arrived he held his hand down on the horn. I came outside and ushered him to shut up. "Do you ever just shut the fuck up" i said through gritted teeth. "Will you just get in" he exclaimed.

I stood in front of the door, refusing to get in. "Please" he mumbled. I rolled my eyes as i got in. Steve sped off as i jerked forward. "Let me get my seatbelt on at least!... Dick" i mumbled.

"We have a big problem" he said. "What?" i questioned. "Barb... Her parents reported her missing" he said anxiously. "Oh god, did she run away or something?" i asked.

"They don't know... But they know i had a party and they know about the beers!" he exclaimed. I was actually shocked at how stupid he is. "Are you serious right now?" i questioned.

"Look my dads a grade A asshole okay! I was just wondering, could you... Well... You know how your the sheriffs daughter and stuff?" he started. "Don't! I know what your going to ask, just don't" i shouted.

"What! It's not a big deal! Just, sneak into your dads office and cut out the part of the file that talks about the beers! You can do that right?" he asked. I chuckled as i shook my head. "You were there too! Nancy's going to tell the cops you were there, then your in deep shit" he said.

"Is Nancy okay?" i questioned. Steve sighed as he rubbed his head in frustration. "I don't know... I was kind of an ass... She walked away all upset and now, she won't answer my calls" he said tensely.

I bit my tongue. "Please don't tell me you told Nancy to lie to the cops so you won't get in trouble?" i asked. Steve stayed quiet.

I burst out laughing. "Shut up!" he shouted. "Her best friend goes missing... And you tell her your worried about your dad knowing about the beers?!" i questioned.

"Do you know what, get out of the car" he said stopping the car. I raised my eyebrows in judgment. "Make me".

Steve glared at me as he started the car again. "Where are we even going?" he asked. "The library" i replied. "Jesus, you know, i wouldn't expect you to be such a nerd" he said.

I looked at him in confusion. "What's that supposed to mean?" i asked. "Well you know... Come on, everyone knows that you've slept with like, half the school!" he said with a laugh.

My confused face slowly turned into anger. "How many people have you fucked then?" i asked angrily. He went quiet. "So, you can sleep with every girl on the cheerleading team, every girl on swim team, but i can't sleep with anyone?" i questioned.

"I didn't say that" he said keeping his eyes on the road. "But that's whats you meant" i said. "All i'm saying is-" "Harrington... I swear i will jump out of this car" i exclaimed. Steve went silent.

After a silent journey, we finally arrived at the library. I got out and slammed the door. Steve rolled down the window. "Your welcome!" he exclaimed. I threw up my middle finger as i continued walking.

I walked inside and saw the librarian. I cringed inside remembering when i walked in on her having a shower after she slept with my dad. I gave her a small wave causing her to go red.

I headed over to the newspaper isle and looked at everything on Hawkins Lab. "The Hoppers are quite the family of detectives, huh?" i heard the librarian say.

"What?" i asked. "Your dad was in here a couple of days ago looking at Hawkins lab" she said. "Oh... Yes! Of course" i said pretending to know what she was talking about.

I grabbed a couple newspapers and sat down. I felt the librarian looking over my shoulder. "Did you need something?" i asked. "Oh... No just nosey" she said with an awkward laugh.

I joined in with her laughter. "Yea you are, aren't you?" i said with a fake smile. She finally understood what i meant as she walked away.

"Now, Hawkins lab. What have you got for me" i said to myself.

Authors note:
-Things are finally getting more interesting!