Chapitre 4

I stop a taxi and give the direction of my home. Not the one with parents in it. I don't want to enrage my father more at the mere sight of my face. I go to my grandfather's house, even though he has been gone for years now, and that the house is completely empty, it felt more of a home to me.

-----At my House------

I look at my face in the mirror, there is no way I can cover all those bruises with make-up. Guess I will have to skip school for a few days.

I suddenly hear the phone ring. Not my cellphone but the landline. My whole body is electrifying, as I said above, nobody leaves here, means that the landline has been disconnected for years.

I pick up the phone

----- : How could you...How could you leave ...me.

No...No, no,no,no. I hang up quickly. It's him... It's the man that I was following earlier. It's the man that was about to die in my arms. No,no.no.no. I am losing my mind. I am definitely losing my mind.

The phone rings again.

I start to panic. What the hell is wrong with me. I want to forget. Oh well , what's a better way to forget than alcohol. I grab one bottle, and drink as if it was water while the phone rings in the background.

-----Blackout-----

I get woken up by the sun.

Didn't go to school for days. I just simply cannot move, and it's not like I want to. I hate everything and everyone around, I don't feel anything, death doesn't even scare me at this point. Do we feel something when we die? No , no, no I shouldn't think like that. I roll to the other side of the bed to grab my phone, hundreds of text messages, and calls from my friends, but none of my family, and obviously none of my dad's . As I see the date in my phone, I remember that today is the day my dad starts his campaign. I'm still a little bit drunk, and I am making a terrible mistake, my subconscious knows it, but I simply decide to ignore that feeling. My heart is just full of rage, I am losing control of myself, and I hate it .

I could have stopped myself many times, as I close the door of the house, or when I was in the bus. Yet I decided to let my madness drive me to my father's campaign. As I walk down the street, I can see myself in the reflection of a store, I haven't showered for days, nor did I brush my hair, I only wore I jacket over my pajamas. I can see the crowd as I walk towards it. Everybody is cheering for the man that just hit the shit out of me a few days ago . To many bodyguards, and I don't exactly look like the daughters of the mayor's town now. I wait for an opening as I sprint towards the stage and grab the mic .

- Helllooooooooo everybody .

The silence couldn't be louder than that, I look at my dad's face and for the first time I see fear in his eyes.

Perfect.

- I present myself, Elizabeth Williams. Yes yes, I am the daughter's mayor, and he's a terrible father, I mean loooook what he did to my face.

I am still a little bit drunk, but I know I might have ruined everything my dad has built all those years. I get pulled out of the stage as my dad tries to find something to say.

- : Uhm, uhm. Oh well , ... some people are just. Uhm weird ...Hahahahah , let's come back to the campaign Hahahahha.

I get caried to the car and locked inside, I am too weak to say anything, I just sleep there.