Chapitre 3

If you could control time, where would you go back to fix your future? A future with no mistakes could be worth living? Will you reach the pick of your happiness with that? I think I will just be tired of it. Life on itself give us a lot of chances to fix our past mistakes. However, as you can imagine, we simply forget and repeat again and again. And ladies and gentlemen, here lies the curse of our existence.

--------------------------------------------

I can't clearly see what is in front of me. My eyes are covered in tears. I am slowly diving away. My whole body is shaking. I don't know how long I have been walking.  A thud takes me out of my trance. It's a police siren.

- Miss,  what are u doing this late at night. You should be at home.

I open my mouth, but I am not able to produce any sound ....

- Miss? Are you alright?

The policeman looks at his colleague trying to understand what is going on. After a few minutes of trying to have any kind of reaction from me, they both decided to take me to the police station.

The ride wasn't long, well at least it wasn't for me, my head is totally blank.

As I sat in the chair inside the police station, I can hear them whispering behind me.

- Oh, so you are the daughter of Mister Williams, your dad is an amazing man.

My eyes look at his hands. He's holding my school card. Where did he get that?

- I know I'm not supposed to tell you this, but I will probably vote for your dad again.

Say's as he winks at me.

- Oh ... I can see that you where the one that called earlier ....

This sentence made me gasp. I remember it all. I...I... was in the library. And then ... the man .... And the car...the blood.

- Aren't you old enough to know that pranking the police isn't a joke Miss. An ambulance has been wasted.

I look at him surprisingly. I can finally pronounce some words .

- Is ...Is the Man, okay ????

- What man?

I'm really losing my patience, lacking sleep, I scream.

- THE MAN THAT GOT HIT BY CAR , THE MAN THAT WAS COVERED IN BLO...oood.

My voice slowly fades away as I look at my hands and my uniform. Not I single drop of blood. It's not possible. He was there. He was there half dead. I... I... I was holding him.

The policeman looks at me, kind of annoyed by my attitude.

- We called your father; he will pick you soon.

I sat down, trying to understand what's going on. Do I have schizophrenia? I really don't get it. I fucking don't get it. What is happening to me?

I didn't see the time pass, completely lost in my thoughts. But the simple view of my dad secretary crossing the police station door felt like a punch in my face. My hands start shaking. I completely forgot that they called my dad. I jump from my sit, as Jack apologies to them.

- Oh gosh, you know how kids are these days. You can't really control them. Says as he laughs with them.

-Elizabeth ! You better apologies to these poor policemen, you just wasted they time!

- Hahahaha. No, she did not, no worries, it is our job after all. Hahahaha.

I dread what will happen in the next 20 minutes. As I follow Mister Jack to the car. My body already hurt seeing the blank look of my dad in the car.

As I sat next to him, I can clearly see the rage in his eyes.

My dad has been the mayor of the town for 4 years now and having a daughter at the police station knowing that he  wants to represent himself for 4 more year isn't the best for his image.

My father has always been a strategic man, he only lives for the power, and all the money that comes with it. And everything that stop him from achieving that, including me, is a threat.

The car stops suddenly. My father didn't even look at me once.

- Get out of the car.

We are in the middle of nowhere, I don't want to, I know what will happen if I do. My whole body knows. Not a single of my muscles is moving.

But everything happened so quickly, I got pull out of the car and thrown in the ground with a slap.

As I look at the human being that is supposed to be my father. I only see eyes full of disgust, rage, and hate.

After pouring out all the rage he has in him. He comes back in the car and goes away. I whip the blood out of my face and try to get up. I look around and I can barely see. Tears flowing all over my eyes are burring my vision. My whole body hurt .