Chapitre 1

Reality is relative. What's wrong. What's right. In the end, we just decide by numbers. They call that democracy. People decide what's real and what's is not, and we kind of all live by that. Like a rule. I'm not blaming anyone; reality can be deadly scary. I wish I didn't know. I wish I could forget everything.

I'm sure everybody must have questioned themselves once, who are we?  Where did we come from? Is the story repeating again and again? I mean there's so many things humanity cannot explain. You probably had a moment of your life you can't explain. Destiny? I don't know anymore ....

It kind of all started with a weird feeling, as I said above, something that I can not explain. But I choose to ignore it. It was easier that way. Obviously, that was a mistake. You truly cannot run from who you are. Caught in a lie, within myself.

.................................Present Day.....................................

Again. It's 4 in the morning. It's always the same dream. Wheat fields. Whit a bunch of people I do not know, smiling, having fun. It's always followed by a strange whistle. Like a melody. And the shoes. Hanging shoes on a tree. I don't know what's wrong with me. Maybe it's just school stress? They say that your brain can not create faces. Who are those people then? I don't know. I don't know. I will try to sleep; I have a long day at school tomorrow.

........................Next Day ........................

I really couldn't sleep. I've had enough honestly. Anyway, I didn't present myself. I'm Elizabeth , and I am a 17 years old student and I go to the pink Carnation school, an all-girl school. Weird name right. Yes, we all agree on that. As the day couldn't be worse, we start with a math class today. I met with my friends in the hallway, I couldn't tell them about my dreams, but they know I have little sleep lately.

- Look guys, she's alive ( Pointing at me laughing). Anna is my friend since I was 14. We kind of bonded and we didn't stop since.

- Did you sleep this time?

I can hear her sarcasm trough her voice. The dark circle under my eyes clearly shows otherwise.

-Yeah, not really. But don't worry I will catch up in class .

And that's how the class started. But again, the same weird feeling. I don't like that at all. Slowly I dive away from the class. I'm so tired but ironically, I don't want to fall asleep...

- Elizabeth , I know matrix isn't the best lesson in my class, but I wish you could at least stay awake.

I jump from my seat. Everybody is looking at me . Nice....

-I'm sorry sir I didn't mean to ...I....I just...

The teacher looks at me with compassion.

- Alright, alright. Go to the Bathroom and put some water in your to woke up a bit .

Everybody laughed as I went out of the classroom. This feeling, I hate it. I run to the bathroom, mad at myself , mad at everyone. I am not in control. I'm losing myself. I open the door and I put some water in my face. I close my eyes and try to breath. I see pictures of my dream. Suddenly I feel something under my feet. Something cold. As I open my eyes, I understand that's it's water. Water is overflowing in the bathroom. I try to open the door, but nothing. Like it's locked. The water gets higher and higher. I scream for help. But nothing. Higher ... Higher .... I take a last breath before I submerge complete under water. And then ... I saw it. I saw him. One of the many people in my dreams. It was a boy, and he was drownin . I tried to reach him but, in a blink, I was in the school bathroom again, on the floor, totally lost .

As I sat there in the bathroom, completely soak. I'm shaking. What's is going wrong. I go out running in the hallway. I met Anna there.

- Oh my god, Elie, what where you doing. The teacher got worried. Are you okay?

- I....I.... .

I point down at my clothes to show her that I'm completely soak. I freeze. Nothing. My clothes are fine. I touch my hair hysterically as my friend tries to understand but nothing, my hair is completely dry.

- Elie, are you sure you are okay .

- I....I.... I need to go home .

Pink carnation flower meanings include gratitude and the concept of never forgetting someone

monachopsis : The subtle but persistent feeling of being out of place