A few minutes later she got to the wide kitchen and immediately ran to the fridge. After opening it, Sophia was then met with another dilemma. Where on earth was the cold water or the ice cubes?

The fride was stocked but none of those things entered her sights. After debating with herself some more she ran to the countertop and pressed the buzzer situated next to a switch on the wall. She pressed it more than once just in case and didn't have to wait too long before a confused Garcia stumbled inside. The woman was barely awake and looked shocked to see her.

"Sophia?"

Sophia immediately ran towards her, "Garcia, I think Elijah is sick."

She frowned, still blinking sleep out of her eyes. "Sick?"

"Yes, he's burning up, he has a fever."

"Elijah has a...fever?" With that, Garcia immediately became sober and completely awake. The woman snapped into action and moved with a quickness that surprised Sophia. Sophia stood, not knowing what to do with her hands while Garcia moved from one place to the next.

In less than 5 minutes, Garcia found and gathered everything that Sophia would've taken a while to do herself. Before they went back to Elijah, Garcia stopped by the home phone and immediately called someone else. Their voice over the phone was hurried and showed their urgency.

Sophia expected this. Even if it's just a minor cold, she could bet that Elijah didn't get sick that often. Sophia pursed her lips and couldn't help her guilt for running out in the rain back then. The irony of him being the one to fall sick wasn't lost on her either.

They went straight back to Elijah after completing the call. Sophia entered first and saw that Elijah hadn't moved from that same place, covered waist down by the comforter, face now expressionless as he slept.

Garcia immediately went to their bedside after hesitating a little over the threshold. While she went to check on his temperature, Sophia stopped by the coffee table to soak a small white towel in cold water. She immediately looked up in suprise seconds later to see that both Elijah and Garcia was at a standstill.

Sophia was shocked, she didn't even know that he'd woken up. Elijah was staring at Garcia with a frown, holding the wrist of her hand that seemingly had went to touch him.

"Why are you in here?" He murmured, still frowning. He looked around soon spotted Sophia standing by. It was only then that he quickly released her hand and Garcia stepped away.

"You're sick Eli," Sophia straighted and offered him some explanation.

"-And I already called for Yuri, he'll be here in a couple of minutes," Garcia added on.

Elijah, who seemed to have a permanent frown etched into his face, sat up, running a hand through his hair. Sophia had never seen him this uncomfortable and disturbed. His eyes slid to Garcia and after a prolonged stare, she pursed her lips then immediately excused herself.

"I'll notify you when he arrives," she spoke while leaving.

"No need, tell him to go back," Elijah interjected. Garcia paused in her steps but didn't reply and soon, Elijah and Sophia was the only ones left inside the room. Sophia truly had no idea what just happened and couldn't hide her confusion.

After standing in silence for a while, she breathed heavily and walked forward with the folded cooled towel. Elijah stared at it before his eyes slid up to hers. "I'm not sick, Sophia," He spoke softly. He then removed the comforter, got off the bed and walked to tug on a pair of sweats. Sophia watched him with great skepticism.