47|| Accidents and Confrontations

Start from the beginning

"Oh hell...I'd die for a tour of this place." Seong spoke randomly, his eyes elsewhere. "Oh my...Um..real roses."

"I was a bit iffy on coming here but now I see, if I was somewhere like this...I wouldn't want to leave either-"

"This is actually amazing Sophia, I'm so happy for you-"

Both of them spoke randomly, like NPCs  and made no effort to hold a long conversation. Sophia sighed internally and gave up on replying while they were like this. She leaned back and it became a task to spot the different.

She lifted her tea again for another drink but kept her eyes on both if them in heavy scrutiny. The funniest part was that their eyes were averted so they didn't even notice her building suspicions.

After a few long minutes went by, Sophia froze and both of her eyebrows went upwards.

So thats what it was...

She looked towards where Seong sat then towards Kayla and finally the large, two chairs wide space inbetween both of them. Her detective senses were tingling. Normally they'd sit next to each other and not even a second would pass without someone pickung on the other. Not only that...they tried to hide it by looking at the garden and house but Sophia found the real reason. They were avoiding each other's and Sophia's gaze. And when they spoke, their conversations were never directed at the other, only her.

It was odd.

"Hey can you pass me a biscuit?" Sophia coughed and asked randomly.

Both were still looking elsewhere but still simultaneously reached forward to the tray. Sophia's eyebrows flew upwards as their hands touched, only for a second but both pulled away as if they got burnt.

Kayla looked alarmed but she coughed and recovered quickly, grabbing a biscuit and nearly throwing it at Sophia who caught it but barely. Sophia looked down at the biscuit and a prolonged second of pregnant silence surrounded them. She then looked up and unsurprisingly, both of them were avoiding her gaze.

She even saw a bead of sweat forming and had to hold back her laugh.

Sophia stayed like this only for a moment longer, alternating their gazes towards both before saying the first guess that popped up into her mind.

"Hey...did y'all fuck?"

Seong was the first to respond, -no, he simply froze then collapsed face first into the table infront of him, looking dispirited, like a ballon that got deflated.

Kayla however slapped her hands over her face with the tiniest shriek. "Oh God! Is it that obvious!?"

Sophia coughed loudly and nearly choked on the small bite she took from the biscuit. She carefully swallowed then took heavy breaths grabbing for her tea to wash it down. If her legs weren't weak from Elijah's earlier 'torment', she'd have ran around with a scream.

"Holy shit-!" Sophia forced out as she placed the cup down. Staring at the two with wide eyes. "I didn't-! I was just making a random guess!" She choked out the words and that much was true. If they denied her first guess she planned to ask if they had a fight and then she'd move on something else if they denied that too.

Her eyes filtered in between the two as she blinked. In actuality, there was always a special tension floating around them, Sophia just didn't think they'd take that final step. It wasn't very surprising but at the same time, it was!

"I knew this would happen," Seong murmered in the smallest voice, head still on the table.

"Um...no offence but if y'all were trying to hide it, that was absolutely the shittiest attempt," Sophia empathized abd made sure to hide her incredulous laugh. She later dropped her feet onto the ground slowly and leaning back, crossing her arms over the other.