Wait 'Til I'm Back with You

It was a casual Tuesday morning and Steve woke up to compete silence. No cars honking, barking dogs, or even frustrated neighbours. Just him lying in bed and staring at the ceiling.

He hadn't bothered setting an alarm the day prior because today was different. Today Steve was taking a pause from streaming to, you know, clear his head. Lately the guy kept getting asked about more music non stop and started to feel his creativity burning out. Although he loved chat and playing with friends, now was the time for a break.

Steve stayed in bed until a growl came from his stomach, signalling to eat some carbs. The brunette dressed properly and began to cook himself a decent meal along with some well brewed coffee.

As the first day of his hiatus, Steve decided go to the park to receive fresh thoughts. Parks had either interesting people, dogs, or benches. Sitting down and taking in his surroundings, the rat watched as a game of tip seemed to be happening and wondered if they ever got tired of playing that game.

Humming the tune of Talk About L.A, Steve passed shops and apartments. At one moment, he waited to cross a road and this elderly man offered, more like slurred, him a drink of booze. Politely declining, Steve started to walk ahead but noticed the man falter.

Being the ever so kind person he was, the younger steadied the drunk and proceeded to walk, arm-in-arm, with him to the other side. When they reached the curb, Steve unlinked himself and said goodbye. A strong gust of wind blew along the street causing the on-break streamer to hug his jacket closer.

Leaves flew off the pavement and cafés umbrellas rattled. Whenever people exited a building the door would slam into its frame.

Returning home, Steve opened the fridge and grabbed a few leftovers that were just sitting there.

One Week Later

A week passed and his friends asked if everything was okay and how he felt. Steve said the same exact thing: "I'm fine, just feel a bit burnt out so I'm taking a break."

According to a couple of his friends, they were continuously being questioned about Steve's health and whereabouts. He was sorry for Dumbdog and Ellum, who chat seemed to ask the most since the three played together often.

But Steve needed to take a break. And regardless if chat missed him, the poor guy wanted time alone, to live his own life. Besides he had to get his wisdom teeth removed and other errands to run.

Of course Steve missed his streamer friends but not everyone can win. Not everyone can handle Steven Suptic.

~~~~~~~~~~~
451 words

N/A Just felt like you guys deserved more and I already planned to write this. I'm glad he took a break and I feel bad for all the steamers who were asked daily abt Steve. But like, who wouldn't? I hope you enjoyed, I lately got a spark of motivation so more oneshots are coming.