Final

I changed my mind lmao I'm posting the epilogue before the extra chapters. Kinda contemplating whether I should still try making the extra chapters/alternate ending.

🐗🦋

She still had difficulty reading lips sometimes but most of the things he said were predictable.

"I'm home."

"I love you."

"I want to eat tempura!"

She tried to imagine hearing his voice when he mouthed the sentences that would make her heart flutter. Well, except for that last one.

She had forgotten most of the sounds around her but she desperately held on to the annoying, obnoxious voice of her loving husband.

Today, he got her attention by placing his hand on her shoulder.

Back then, she got mad or scared whenever he startled her with his hugs from behind thinking she was being attacked. Not anymore though. She had memorized his strong touch.

He would always look for flowers he'd give her before coming home so she knew it was him coming close when there was a floral fragrance.

He didn't like scaring his wife on accident so he decided that the first thing he did when he saw her was rush to kiss her. That way, she'd know it was Inosuke.

Like right now.

To his dismay, she also got used to this and learned to quickly cover the part of her face he'd try to kiss.

Like right now.

'No public displays of affection.' She'd write down and patiently wait for him to read.

"There's no one else around."

She formed an 'X' with her arms and said, "No." She avoided talking from memory because she didn't want to sound funny. The few times Inosuke could hear her voice again always made him smile.

He effortlessly lifts her up, supporting her weight with his left arm wrapped just above her knees while his right hand carefully brushed her face and both of her hands automatically fell on his shoulders for balance.

She bent down and kissed his cheek, making him frown. She laughs and asks him put her down but he refuses. So she bends down a bit to "whisper" something that makes his face turn red and he obediently puts her down.

She couldn't control her volume so she didn't realize when her whispers were too loud to be whispers.

It's when he's not expecting her kiss that she decides to do it. She liked to pull away when he kissed back to tease him but always found herself returning to him when he placed his hand on the back of her head.

They share a long moment in the comfort of the home they owned together until Aoi feels footsteps coming close and she finally breaks the kiss. Nezuko cheerfully greets the two with hugs while Zenitsu looks back and forth the unusually flustered Inosuke and Aoi.

He turns to the child to his right. "They're acting suspicious, aren't they?"

"We're only passing by! This is Kyojuro."

The child doesn't know how to respond to Zenitsu because he's too preoccupied staring at Aoi.

Aoi kneels in front of the little boy and smiles.

Inosuke comes close to tell him, "My wife says it's nice to meet you, midget."

Aoi lightly elbows Inosuke when the kid looks insulted as if to ask, 'What did you tell him?'