VI

Tanjiro was on his way back to the mansion carrying Nezuko on his back when he saw Aoi talking with a hashira by the entrance. She seemed unimpressed with his monologue. Zenitsu was coming from the opposite direction with the same expression as Aoi which probably meant that he was listening to the hashira as well.

Aoi noticed Tanjiro.

"Welcome back."

The box was in brand new condition again thanks to her so Tanjiro always felt grateful.

"What's going on?" Zenitsu joined in when he also arrived.

"Aoi-san is going on a mission with this pervert!" Naho said.

"I'm your superior!"

"He tried to kidnap us!" Kiyo says.

Tanjiro throws Uzui a suspicious look but his nose tells him that something is wrong.

Aoi, while doing better, was distracted with something.

"I'm taking her with me for a mission in Yoshiwara!" He announces.

"I'm going too!" Inosuke screams from the distance, seemingly jumping off from a tree. He's about to land on Aoi when she carefully moves aside to let him fall on the ground instead.

"I only need female demon slayers for this mission." Uzui replies, annoying Inosuke. "And from what I know, this one is plenty strong. Oyakata-sama wanted to see you immediately but you didn't show up."

Aoi was surprised, maybe this was during the period that her mind shut down. Why hadn't Shinobu or Giyuu told her?

"He did-?"

"I'm going too! If this woman comes with you and returns stronger then it will be harder to catch up to her!" Inosuke cut her off.

Was that a compliment?

Aoi honestly couldn't tell.

In Inosuke's mind, Aoi was someone he had to surpass to become the strongest.

"I'll bring you to him right after this urgent mission. He's probably summoning you so that you can officially become a hashira."

Hashira.

"In that's the case, I'm also joining." Tanjiro said, still feeling a storm approaching. "I want to help."

The four of them turn to Zenitsu who hasn't volunteered to join. He had a cowardly expression on his face but he agreed to come along if it meant he could help Nezuko and Aoi.

"If all goes well, maybe the two of them could fall for me then I'd have two wives! I'll be the first person with that many wives."

As shallow as Zenitsu's intention was, Uzui didn't seem to mind. The more people wanted to help, the better.

And so he dragged them off to the entertainment district.

On the way there, Aoi taught Inosuke her name repetitively because he kept challenging the wring person. "Three characters! How is it that you can't memorize these three characters?! A-O-I."

Inosuke got more and more annoyed with her but that fluffy sensation didn't go away.

It was similar to when someone showed him kindness except the rhythm of his chest was a little more overwhelming that usual.

The rest of them had to get used to the noise of the two arguing while Uzui also tried to explain why demons would be in the place they were going to.

Aoi had time to notice how simple the friendship was between the three.