𝒮𝓌ℯℯ𝓉𝓈(8)

Start from the beginning

"My mom and I are having a picnic today, would you guys like to join us? We made a lot of pastries!" Kokonoi looked like he was about to reject but suddenly stops when Akane spoke up. "If you both don't mind the company, we'd love to." We all went back to my mom.

"Mom, I brought some friends over if that's okay?"
She looked up. "Of course, it's nice to meet someone Y/N's friends, please help yourself to some confectioneries, there's plenty for everyone."
"Thank you for having us." Akane said.

We all sat down on the blanket, Kokonoi looking like he didn't want to be there. I took some of the desserts out, mostly my mom's, and placed them out. "All of these were made by my mom. The rest that are made by me is in the basket. I'm not really proud of how they came out. The three looked in the basket, Seishu and Kokonoi looked at each other, blank expressions.

'Why are they looking at each other like that? It's not like they're that horrible looking." I pouted. Akane however grabbed one of my desserts. I looked at her in surprised 'She really is an Angel! But I rather not have her get food poisoning m' Akane scooped a piece with a fork and was about to take a bite. I was about to stop her but someone else did instead

"wait Akane-chan! Don't eat that, you might die if you do!" Kokonoi  protested frantically. 'Well ouch, that's one way to insult my baking I guess.'

"Y/N went through the trouble to make all of this, it would be a shame if they were to go to waste." She said looking at Kokonoi. "T-then I'll eat it so you don't have to!" He said, stammering a little bit. He took the plate from Akane's hands, swapping it with the cheesecake he had.

The rest of us began to eat while he just stared at the plate in front of him. I sighed, "Kokonoi, if you don't want to eat it you don't have to-,"
"No! I'll eat it!" He stabbed the dessert and took a big bite out of it, shutting his eyes closed tightly.

I stared at him trying to find a reaction. 'Is it another situation where it's just terrible looking but tastes good?' He opened his eyes and we make eye contact. "So how is it?" I asked. He looked away from my intense stare. "It's alright." He mumbled before taking another bite. I smiled. 'So it wasn't bad after all. Maybe he's now starting to warm up to me.'

"The appearance though, is complete garbage." He said looking back at me. 'Well that was short lived.' Akane grabbed one of my desserts and took a bite. "This is really good Y/N!" Seishu followed her actions, also grabbing one of my desserts and taking a bite. His eyes started to sparkle and he nodded agreeing with Akane.

"You should also have some Y/N, you made it after all." Seishu lifted his fork to my mouth. "Here!" Akane and mom looked at us smiling a little at our interaction. Kokonoi looked like he didn't care what was going on if it didn't involve Akane. 'This is embarrassing.' I didn't want to be rude, so I took a bite from the fork he held up.

'This really isn't that bad.' I thought, chewing a little. We continued our little picnic till the end of the day.
____________________________________

The next day, I was walking to school with a white box adorning a purple ribbon on top. Mom asked me to bring some of the baked goods she made for Mr. Shima as a gift. I came to school a little early so Yumi and Kei wasn't there yet.

I opened the classroom door to find Mr. Shima sitting at his desk grading papers. "Shima sensei."
He looks up from his work. "L/N-chan, your earlier than usual today." I walked up to him and handed him the box. "My mom wanted me to give you this." He looked a little surprised at my words but accepted the box.

Opening it, there were an assortment of dessert which were very well decorated. He took the card from inside and began to read it. He suddenly angled his head down covering his face with his hand, his ears visibly red.