Ch:6-One more shot

Later at Marmalade's mansion, Diane was not happy.

Diane:Trespassing, burglary, mayhem, assault with a deadly reptile? As if those poor rodents haven't been through enough already.

Marmalade:No, Diane, please-

Diane:(sighs) Okay. I'm sorry, Professor, but I'm calling the chief.

Marmalade:Please. Come on.

Diane: This experiment is over.

Marmalade:Experiments take time.

As Marmalade tried to reason with Diane, everyone glared at Snake.

Wolf:You couldn't help yourself?

Snake:So I had a moment of weakness. Sue me.

Wolf:That's gonna be difficult to do from prison.

Julie:Well if Wolf won't I'm pretty sure those scientists will.

Tarantula:Guys, what do we do now?

Wolf:Time to launch a charm offensive.

Shark:Oh, yeah. The full Clooney.

Wolf:Madam Governor. Diane.

Diane:Do not Clooney me, Wolf.

Wolf:Oh, I see what's going on. You think I'm still a Bad Guy, trying to bamboozle my way to freedom. But we've changed. That flower of goodness is blossoming all over the place.

Diane:(sighs) Don't you ever get tired of lying?

Wolf:(chuckling)No. I mean... (stammers) Fudge. That was... that was a trick question, right?

Diane:(sighs) I gave you an opportunity...a chance to show the world that you're more than just a scary stereotype...but you're too proud or too gutless to take advantage of it.

Wolf:Gutless? I'm gutless? (chuckles): Oh. I'm sorry, have we met? I'm the villain of every story. Guilty until proven innocent. Even if by some miracle we did change, who's gonna believe us, huh? Of course you wouldn't know anything about that, with your Little Miss Perfect power suits.

Diane:Is that so?

Diane revealed the ring that Wolf stole off her earlier during the Dolphin heist.

Wolf:Wait a second. What did... How did you...

Diane:A wolf and a fox are not so different. Maybe they will believe you, maybe they won't, but it doesn't matter. Don't do it for them. Do it for you. This is a chance to write your own story. To find a better life for you and your friends. Come on, what have you got to lose?

Wolf:I don't know. My dignity?

Diane:Yeah, well, that ship has already sailed. Believe it or not, I'm rooting for you, Wolf. The kid too. She's got potential.

Wolf:So you're not gonna call the chief?

Diane:I'll see you at the gala.

Wolf walked back inside and noticed Julie was absent.

Wolf:Hey, where's Ringtail?

Shark:Out back. She seemed a bit bummed about something, so we gave her a little alone time.

Wolf:I'm going to check on her.

He walked to the back to find Julie sitting down, hugging her knees and hiding her face behind them.

Wolf:Kid, you okay?

Julie remained silent, not even looking at Wolf. Wolf sat next to her and gently put his hand on her shoulder.